Defensive Carry banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Do you need a G17? No!!! If you want it to go with your compact G19, it will be a fine addition indeed. Personally, I prefer the G19 over the G17, if you have the additional disposable income to purchase another gun, I recommend just buying another G19.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I have five Glock 19's and three Glock 17 safe queens. Never leave the house without a G19.....never carry the G17's. So, in answer to your question. Buy the G17. Because you can.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I’ve got several “long” barreled Glocks. G34, G17L, G24, a few 17s and a few 19s. I also have a 30 sf, a 26 and a 27.
I find that at defensive distances( 30’ and less), I shoot the baby Glocks as well as any of the others. For competition, out to 75’ to 100’, the longer sight radius on the “big” guns are better. My gen 3 G19 is one of my most accurate pistols.
I say stay with the 19. But then again, I didn’t stay with only one Glock. I’m up to 15 now. Buy the 17 just because. Then, buy some more!

·
Registered
393 Posts
My first gun was a G17. I like it. Several guns down the road, I got a G19. I shoot that dawggone sucker even better than I shoot the 17. My bedside gun is usually the 17, in a bedside safe. It isn’t in my carry collection, but the 19 is. And the 19 stays bedside sometimes too, on the nightstand, not in the safe. The flip side is that the 19 isn’t as comfortable to carry, for me, as I’d like. I’m looking forward to a manual safety p365. I rented a standard p365 at the range and loved it. I think that it will carry ver well, even with the 12rd mag. Until then, my 238 and 938 are seeing a lot of hip time.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have a G34, G17, G19, G26 and the 17 is shot the least and the 19 and 34 shot the most. I came here to post about your light primer strikes. What is your DOB on your 365? It is on the side of the box on the white label. Take out your striker and clean it and the channel. It needs to be bone dry both the entire striker assembly and the channel. You can use contact cleaner or brake cleaner (the non flammable kind) Use Q tips for the channel with cleaner on it
gqllc007

Your fix posted above, for light primer strikes, could also help with the primer drag! Just a mille second of hold on the firing pin, during the ignition stage, would do it. Quite possibly a design flaw holding the firing pin, a rough edge, a microscopic one? In effect, a too much of a greed factor to get this very cleverly designed double the ammunition capacity of other makers micro sized pistols?

·
Banned
510 Posts
Yes. In fact, you'll always need another gun. The really important criterion is assurance that need and want are synonymous when buying guns ;-)

·
Banned
510 Posts
If your wife will be using the gun for self defense,let HER make the choice.

If men were to spend 10% of $$$ that women spend on latest fashions, make-up, manicures, pedicures, coiffures, spa treatments, etc., we'd own our own gun shops. The rub is we never notice stuff women think is important, yet they instinctively know when we buy a new gun. They gotta be DNA'd with gundar.

Were my g/f to come over in a pair of Warngler Jeans (No more gun-hostile Levis.), a 30-dollar shirt, and tennis shoes, I'd be happy. A pair of 200-dollar jeans is money wasted that could have been better spent on ammo. That's the practical way that I see it ;-) And I never notice that she has just left a hair salon appointment that cost a couple c-notes, money that could have been put to better use on El Paso Saddlery's Website.

Men & women do not think on the same plane. They squander money. We invest it ;-)

·
Banned
510 Posts
In all fairness, my g/f, like nearly all women, thinks emotionally. At one time she was indifferent or worse about our Second Amendment. Now she is dedicated to supporting, preserving, protecting, and defending our RIGHTS to keep and BEAR arms. Once I explained to her why James Madison memorialize our Second Amendment ("Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation..."), she recognized that the Second Amendment was about assuring Americans' rights & liberties.

The above quote was taken from James Madison's The Federalist No. 46. Madison wrote that should all liberty safeguards he had written into our Constitution fail and a tyrant to seize power, that We, the People were well armed to retake our country by force of arms. Source: The Federalist #46

She is drop-dead gorgeous when she dresses to impress...only me...I hope ;-) Now I gotta get her to see that guns and fashion don't have to be mutually exclusive. I'm workin' on gettin' her to see the fine artistry of a beautiful revolver and Browning's magnum opus: Springfield Armory's Professional Model 1911-A1.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I need a G17. I also need to sleep in my bed because the sofa makes my back hurt after a while...which is where I would end up right now if I brought home a G17. My wife being the smart woman that she is...can now tell the difference, and if for some reason she can't my son calls out the model number like it's a game when he spots it.

I'm risk averse for the most part, so I going to say no.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts