Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased 4 boxes of 50 rounds of 135 grain critical duty 9mm from SGammo for $27.00. This is very cheap compared to the other sites I have searched. I contacted SGammo to confirm price and they responded that it was. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have made many orders from SGAmmo and find them to be top notch. The thing I notice most with these guys is that they do not rape you on shipping charges. Take a look at most of the other on line sellers. They appear sometimes to offer a great price, but when you add in their excessive shipping charges, the deal is not so good. I have had nothing but good experiences with SGAmmo and am waiting for them to get some regular 9mm ammo back in stock.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Ive seen other companies sell boxes of 25 for the same amount. If this goes well they will earn a loyal customer.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Please do post back if it does go well. I've been hesitant about using them.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
SG ammo is no scam, they offer some of the best prices on the web. 50rd boxes are always way cheaper, from any vender.i never buy 20rd boxes.

·
Registered
400 Posts
+1 for SG Ammo have ordered lots of ammo from them and no issues at all very good prices DVD quick shipping... You won't be disappointed...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
329 Posts
SGammo is my go-to source for carry ammo. They sell 50rd Law Enforcement packaged self defense ammo for significantly less than your local gun store sells it. They are a great company. They still have 147gr HSTs in stock too.

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
SG Ammo is good to go. Im guessing you bought some kind of steel cased ammo, not brass. It is cheaper.

Dont know what you are shooting, but steel cased works great in my glocks, and M&P Compact 9mm.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...$27 per box?
I have just purchased 4 boxes of 50 rounds of 135 grain critical duty 9mm from SGammo for $27.00. This is very cheap compared to the other sites I have searched. I contacted SGammo to confirm price and they responded that it was. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
4 for 27 is $6.50 a box. That's a deal. OTOH, the cheapest I've seen is $0.31-32/round. It's 147 gr 9mm. 50 for $16. Not SD ammo, but 950fps FMJ is fine by me. Have yet to shoot it, though.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...no, it's per box...50 rd/$26.95...they have the +p and regular power...Hornady...don't think they do steelcase...this site looks good...

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Thirteen and a half cents per round??:blink:

So tell us...What exactly is your cotton pickin' complaint??:blink:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Many great experiences with SGAmmo.com. The prices used to always be on the low-end of the scale, and now it is hit or miss. So, doing some research before making a major purchase makes sense. For just four boxes it's hard to make a big mistake either way (unless you're paying $1/round or something like that).

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Oh, I misunderstood the OPs post. I thought he got 4 boxes for $27. Not $27 per box.

OP, yeah thats not steel cased stuff. And hornady is good ammo.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Oh, I misunderstood the OPs post. I thought he got 4 boxes for $27. Not $27 per box.

OP, yeah thats not steel cased stuff. And hornady is good ammo.
I was paying about $0.90 / round for Critical Defense (.40 cal) before everything went crazy. So, $27/box for similar ammo for about half the price doesn't seem like a bad deal at all.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
$27 for four boxes of 50rds is a smokin' deal, these days. Can't say as I've seen that sort of deal on 9mm "range" rounds in 20yrs, actually. :tongue:

Seriously, though -- $27/bx for each box of 50? Not a price I'd like to pay, myself. But when nothing's available for comparable prices, there aren't many choices if you want to be shooting your gun. "Duped"? How so? Am assuming you received what you paid for.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Don't worry about SGAmmo, he's a good guy. They sell ammo at gun shows here, but have also ordered on-line and gotten ammo from them. They are not the lowest in price, but normally fairly competitive most of the time. They will get it sent quickly, and if you have any issues... call them... and they'll take care of it (although I have never heard of anyone having a problem ).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts