Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed on handgunlaw.us that AR's 5-73-306 says:

"(D) Any licensee entering a private home shall notify the occupant that the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun."

Was very surprised by this! How many other states have similar laws that you all know of?

·
Registered
313 Posts

"(D) Any licensee entering a private home shall notify the occupant that the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun."

Was very surprised by this! How many other states have similar laws that you all know of?
Wouldn't this be better served as a question in the CC forum?

·
Super Moderator
18,105 Posts
Wouldn't this be better served as a question in the CC forum?
I think so, that's why I moved it.

And yes its true, you are supposed to inform in Arkansas.

On the other hand, everyone that I associate with is already armed. If you don't have one, they'll offer you one for the duration of the visit.

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
I think SC has a similar requirement.

Bummer. Way to open a can of worms....or just leave it in your car I guess.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts

I know of no other states, guess I won't enter anyone's home while I'm in Arkansas.... where I go a lot.

Here, there are no provisions for prohibiting carrying a gun in anyone's home...... they can ask them to leave, and if they don't .... call police and have them arrested for trespassing, but they wouldn't violate any CC or other guns laws at all.

Reactions: Ghost1958

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I think SC has a similar requirement.

Bummer. Way to open a can of worms....or just leave it in your car I guess.
For SC:

SECTION 23-31-225. Carrying concealed weapons into residences or dwellings.

No person who holds a permit issued pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 may carry a concealable weapon into the residence or dwelling place of another person without the express permission of the owner or person in legal control or possession, as appropriate. A person who violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both, at the discretion of the court and have his permit revoked for five years.

Pretty stiff penalty if one were to violate this and the person chose to really take things to that level... :22a:

Reactions: Warrior23

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Yeah, it's really a non issue for me. Nearly everybody I know either carries, hunts, and/or has no problem with trusted friends being armed in their residence. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I was in the home of somebody who wasn't pro-2A and okay with people being armed in their home.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
It would be extremely rude to enter armed into another's home without permission anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Louisiana private property......businesses and residences. Businesses can post a sign, residences must give consent. I don't see businesses posted very often here; any home I visit knows that I carry, they don't care. Granted I wish that language didn't exist, however it hasn't really hindered me.

The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Darn, and here I had hoped to maybe someday visit somebody in AR.
I would love to visit Kurt Saxons' Mad Laboratory....:blink:

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
I knew SC had it in their laws, but was not aware that AR also had it in their laws. I guess I'm safe, since I haven't been to SC in probably 10 years and know no one in AR.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Given that a person's home is his castle, why shouldn't that person have the right to have dominion over what goes on in his home, what is brought into his home, who comes into his home, etc? I don't see how this law infringes on anyone's rights. You don't have a right to carry in my home. In most states, there's some type of castle doctrine law that allows a person to defend his home and the people in it from harm. So, would it be okay to say you can use deadly force to defend your home, but you can't control if people bring in a concealed weapon, other than asking everyone you invite in if they're carrying, and then having to refuse them entrance if they say yes (assuming the home owner doesn't "like" guns).

IMHO, the burden should be on the weapon carrier, not on the home owner.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Alaska 11.65.755 Within another person's residence, unless the person carrying the firearm has first obtained the express permission of an adult residing there to bring the firearm into the residence.

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
:pepsi::popcorn::yumyum:

Again

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
For SC:

SECTION 23-31-225. Carrying concealed weapons into residences or dwellings.

No person who holds a permit issued pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 may carry a concealable weapon into the residence or dwelling place of another person without the express permission of the owner or person in legal control or possession, as appropriate. A person who violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both, at the discretion of the court and have his permit revoked for five years.

Pretty stiff penalty if one were to violate this and the person chose to really take things to that level... :22a:
I'm heading for SC this summer and I'm find that SC and to a lesser extent NC have several laws that seem to be a bit over the edge at least compared to FL. I'm glad I won't be there very long and will be spending most of my time in VA.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
While I appreciate the right of a homewowner to control his domicile, I trust no one enough to surrender my personal safety to them entirely at any time. If I feel it better served I will ask for permission to carry, but if they refuse I leave. More often than not what they dont know wont hurt them.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
We had a party at he club house several months ago an I saw a group of neighbors at a table looking at something on the table I go over an they were looking at a shield, the conversation was all about handguns an they were all carrying soon there had to be 25 people talking about their weapon of choice now every time I go to the range I make a couple of calls an its a group event. Don't mess with old people in FL a lot of us carry.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts