Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering after thumbing through Facebook friends and noticing 3 friends have unfriended me recently after getting into what I considered a friendly debate on Gun Control issues apparently were not so friendly. After somewhat chuckling out loud to myself at the shallowness of some people, it got me thinking. How many people have unfriended you or just stopped talking to you in person in your life due solely to your views on gun control or just your views on guns and the 2nd Amendment in general ? :scratchchin: Most of my "friends" knew I was a "GUN" guy but I really didn't discuss it until the parting of the waters. I now make my voice heard and apparently some do not appreciate it. To those I say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont know of any who have unfriended me but I know i have recieved several likes on my ProGun posts. I hate to admit it but I am a liberal democrat and haven't had any people unfriend me for that either.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually care in the sense that these are people who called themselves friends until certain views were made public and they are allowed a vote. These are the closed minded people trying to take away our rights as US citizens. So yes, I care. I don't openly discuss the topic with people I know don't care for the topic. I post news clippings and Proactive videos on my page and they come and watch or read and post their comments and views. If they don't like it, don't post, it's that easy.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
While I truly value good friends and their friendship. Some cat that would unfriend me over a hobby or my thoughts on guns or gun control, never was any kind of real friend anyway. The friendship was based on a facade and not true friendship, so nothing lost and nothing gained. Good riddance I say..:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Yes I have been unfriended. No, it does not REALLY matter to me - I am not losing any sleep; although I do find it sad that people I considered old friends would walk away from a reasonable disagreement - I am not belligerent in posting my opinions.

·
Banned
455 Posts
I haven't .That said,there is probably a better chance i will grow wings and fly,before i debate or argue,about anything on a computer.I don't really have any friends that are anti-gun.If they are,i don't talk about it.

·
Premium Member
38,262 Posts
"Name's Smalls. Leonard Smalls. My friends call me Lenny... only I ain't got no friends."

Reactions: ruger91

·
Registered
220 Posts
Meh, who cares.. If they can't exist with others who do not agree with their own ideals, then I say thank you for un-friending me. Saves me a few clicks of the mouse. That's the problem now days - people can't get it through their thick skulls that not everyone shares the same opinions and they take offense to your disagreement. It's immature and unproductive.. I love a good debate, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. That's life..

Reactions: icemanls2

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't really keep up with who does but I just checked my "friends" and noted some have disappeared. I'm guessing it is more likely due to my Christian faith and the posts that flow from my faith. Just can't keep silent.

·
Registered
43,596 Posts
The fact that the number of people who friend/unfriend you on FB concerns you is indicative of bigger problems. There's some "attention" concerns there.

Reactions: WyoShooter

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
To my knowledge nobody has unfriended me on the FB thing. If they do, whatever, it will be of absolutely no concern to me.

I know who my real friends are and that is all that matters. Some would consider a FB unfriend as the beginning of the end of the world. Not so in mine.

Don't sweat being unfriended it's basically meaningless at best.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
I live within a very small surrounding of friends, club members and/or like thinkers, we are all pro gun. I am a Life Member of the VFW, American Legion, a member of the NRA, GOA, and a member of most of the Gun Forums.

Reactions: NONAME762

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The fact that the number of people who friend/unfriend you on FB concerns you is indicative of bigger problems. There's some "attention" concerns there.
OldVet, It's not just on Facebook. It's also people you know and deal with in general. Facebook is a way for me personally to keep in touch with family members I can't see in person because of time or distance. It is also used for my business. On occasion I express my disgust with governmental issues and friends see this. These are people I know or went to school with in person. The people I call MY FRIEND are few and are still my friend. I just find it rather comical that people will pick up their legos and go home over discussing views on a particular topic.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts