Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First up if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it. I did not find anywhere that seemed perfect.

I needed some work pants, and found some cargo pants I liked. They seemed to have deep pockets, but I did not reach all the way in. The price was right so I got 4 pair. But the first time I dropped my J frame in it fell most of the way to my knee! I have to bend at the waist to reach my grip. I could probably conceal a 4" revolver in there!
Next time I see the wife with her sewing machine set up I'll get her to sew the bottom shut and make them about 1.5" less.
This is the first time I have found pockets too deep.
The brand is Red Cap, and I got them at a work wear store. In case any one needs extra deep pockets! DR

·
Registered
97 Posts
pants pockets are never too deep when we are filling them. Only when we try to reach in and selectively grab onto something for removal. For those pants I keep my pocket carry in my REAR POCKET. Occasionally need to place a hankie or roll of paper in the bottom of the pocket to raise it up for quick access. Solves the problem quickly and easily!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I've purchased pants/shorts with pockets that were to "shallow" and not able to adequately conceal my LCR. Also have one set of shorts with really deep pockets but nothing too problematic.

Lesson for pocket carriers: always check the pockets before you purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I have indeed ran across that many years ago. Can't recall the brand or whatnot, but wife had bought me a couple pairs of pants that when I put them on, were endowed with pockets my Chihuahuas could have ridden in. They went back. The pants, not the Chihuahuas.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,383 Posts
Yes, there was a hole in the pocket.

Reactions: CavemanBob

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
First up if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it. I did not find anywhere that seemed perfect.

I needed some work pants, and found some cargo pants I liked. They seemed to have deep pockets, but I did not reach all the way in. The price was right so I got 4 pair. But the first time I dropped my J frame in it fell most of the way to my knee! I have to bend at the waist to reach my grip. I could probably conceal a 4" revolver in there!
Next time I see the wife with her sewing machine set up I'll get her to sew the bottom shut and make them about 1.5" less.
The brand is Red Cap, and I got them at a work wear store. In case any one needs extra deep pockets! DR
Too deep? Never. Pockets in most things I see aren't big, wide or deep enough.

Yes, having Dearest Wifey hemming them up sounds like a good plan.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Great opportunity to have your pockets sewn up to fit your sidearm just right for your reach.
Maybe position your unloaded firearm in your pocket where you want it and then have the wife sew up the pockets.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I've done that once. Now I never shop for pants without having my pocket carry with me when I try them on. I also make sure the waist is loose enough to accommodate my IWB carry.

·
Registered
399 Posts
In answer to the original question, no - but then again I’m not a tort lawyer.

Reactions: LimaCharlie

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Normal pants in my size have small pockets by default.
Most of what I wear is Duluth work pants. Like cargo pants, but the front pocket openings are diagonal cut, instead of horizontal like jeans typically are.
I can’t easily drop my 2.5” 686 in a front pocket. Big pockets.
They are perfect for the 649 in a pocket holster.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Bought some Cabela's jeans - the pockets are way deep. Have to really reach in to get small items at bottom of pocket.

·
Premium Member
34,150 Posts

So get a four-inch revolver...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm a woman, so no, never had that problem. Too shallow for more than a credit card and ID, however, is a regular occurrence :sneaky:

·
Registered
150 Posts

I find I can't get my hands into my pockets

·
Registered
36,192 Posts
I find I can't get my hands into my pockets
I find it's like sticking your hand into a vending machine to grab a candy bar and then can't get your hand out until you let go if the candy bar.

Reactions: Struckat
1 - 18 of 18 Posts