Defensive Carry banner

Have you ever had to draw or shoot your weapon in self-defense?

• Total voters
561 - 565 of 565 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm a mere civilian.
I've had to present twice, in self defense, but in neither case did I have to fire.
I almost had to present once, right here on this peaceful little island, at my own kitchen door, but the guy saw what I was doing and was wise enough to leave before things got ugly.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had to draw my firearm once but did not fire.

We rented a house while our new one was being built. Setting up a play swing with my children in the back yard a Pit Bull climbs over the fence and starts coming toward us. Carried both kids and kept my 1911 aimed at the dog and backed up into the house with the dog following. Once inside we called animal control and they took the dog away.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have lived and worked in really bad areas my whole life, so I have developed a good nose for trouble. On one particular night I was returning from a trip to New York and I was in the long term indoor parking lot Of Tampa Airport About to retrieve my car When a car filled with 4 miscreants Screeched to a halt in front of me blocking my path. I instinctively moved my left hand to get my shirt out the way while at the same time reaching for my 4 o’clock position with my right hand to fetch my gun totally forgetting I just got off an airplane and had no gun on me. At that point one of the miscreants in the back seat yelled at the driver: “go,go,go” and go they did. Apparently, they thought I actually was armed And took off.

·
Registered
367 Posts
50+ years ago a friend in San Antonio got off work late one evening and stopped at a drive in burger joint on his way home.
A car load of noisy miscreants parked in the slot next to him. The grinning thug riding shotgun pulled out what looked like a .25 cal. pocket semiauto and started to “polish” it while holding it upwards.
My friend took a look, calmly set his burger down and retrieved his dad’s WWII service 1911 from his glove box and proceeded to “polish” it while holding it pointed upwards in the same manner as the smirk-boy just 5’ away.
Dude’s eyes grew wide open, and the carload of would-be miscreants departed post haste.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Only once several years late night at a rest stop a car pulled in parked few spaces away , could barely see two guys get out and start walking toward the truck . I turned the over head map light on and laid big Smith .357 on the dash , they turned around and left

561 - 565 of 565 Posts