Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking everywhere for a low ride OWB holster and found this one - "made for women", by MTR Custom Leather:
http://mtrcustomleather.com/shop/ind...1#.WBKgPFJrjqI

I would wear it at 9:00 (left hand draw) or slightly in front of the hip bone.

My one concern (one of them) is how stable the leather loop over the belt will be - but also: I know nothing about this company. Does anyone have any knowledge or information about MTR Custom Leather?

What I'm concerned about is their quality and delivery time, and any other experiences you or someone you know might have had with this company.

Any assistance you can render will be much appreciated. THANKS

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've got one for a CZ compact. Overall a well made holster, although I don't use it much. That style of holster is very stable with a good belt. I don't recall any issues with the delivery time, and pricing seems fair for the quality. Great selection of gun models available.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have several of their holsters.. specifically the A-5 Full Size Quick Snap. Their build quality is very good, and the leather loop holds secure and tight to the belt. Another holster builder which has a similar design is Ugly Bald Guy holsters. I also have several of his holsters...

I change holster between these two builders based on what I'm carrying for that day..

I have no problem recommending them...

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I have a dual carry model which is a two clip IWB that you can remove the clips and use it as a pancake holster. Very good build quality and snug retention from the leather boning. I have been very satisfied with it.

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you to those who replied and gave me information about the holsters they own from MTR. It is appreciated!

After more thought and some back and forth question and answer with James Nelson, I decided to get smart this time and I now have a custom-custom-custom holster ordered from Nelson Holsters - a site sponsor. I do not think it will arrive by Christmas, but it would be holly-jolly if it did. He takes orders as he receives them and does not rush or short cut his quality, so like others here who have ordered from James, I'm content to wait my turn in line.

And I've been wanting one of James' holsters for a while. This was a GOOD time to just do it.

Reactions: forester58
1 - 6 of 6 Posts