Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
That's a lot of scope for such a little gun. What kind of distance are we talking about? Good shooting none the less, and great that he's eager to help.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
"In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'."

- Carl (as played by Bill Murray), from the 1980 film Caddyshack

Woodchuck recipes: click.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Nice shootin'. Give that boy a ceegar. Oh no, can't do that. How about a chocolate malt?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats! Fab-o job, kiddo 👍👍 Boots or no boots.

Wished I'd learned to hunt as a kid. Now I feel so useless.😥

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a lot of scope for such a little gun. What kind of distance are we talking about? Good shooting none the less, and great that he's eager to help.
That scope is a 4X12. It is adjustable for parallax from 5 yards to infinity. I used this little .22 to shoot in competitions and that is the reason for the big"ish" optic.
Congrats! Fab-o job, kiddo ���� Boots or no boots.

Wished I'd learned to hunt as a kid. Now I feel so useless.��
I really like the opportunities he gets on the farm. I've been letting him stretch himself a little lately and he is proving to be quite a capable young man. I only let him have a .22LR so he has to work himself in pretty close to the groundhogs to make it count.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I really like the opportunities he gets on the farm. I've been letting him stretch himself a little lately and he is proving to be quite a capable young man. I only let him have a .22LR so he has to work himself in pretty close to the groundhogs to make it count.
Right approach to raising kids, under proper guidance of course. Rather him do that than be on computer / tablet / Xbox / TV / whatever all day.

Closest I ever got to hunting was spear fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. Had an old, under powered speargun my buddy lent me. Barracuda crossed my path in a perfect T-formation. I shot it, striking it mid-drift on the side. Spear bounced off, tip apparently too dull.

It turned and looked at me looking back at it. I thought for sure we were gonna tango. It turned, swimming away with blood streaming out of its side. Pretty sure it became shark bait. Never went spear fishing again::big wimp😀

Best to ya and son.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
That last one was about 600 yards... :smile:

That's awesome! You should make him a whistle pig suit with all the fur you'll have before long. He'll be the envy of all 5th grade.

·
Premium Member
8,084 Posts
I am thinking the little guy is out-pacing Pops .........................never seen you post your hits...........:wink:

·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am thinking the little guy is out-pacing Pops .........................never seen you post your hits...........:wink:
Nobody wants to see a fat (mostly) bald guy holding up a groundhog.

·
Registered
36,346 Posts
Closest I ever got to hunting was spear fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. Had an old, under powered speargun my buddy lent me. Barracuda crossed my path in a perfect T-formation. I shot it, striking it mid-drift on the side. Spear bounced off, tip apparently too dull.
I hope in hindsight you realize what a catastrophic event that could have been.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hope in hindsight you realize what a catastrophic event that could have been.
Oh, I know. Worse when you know that my buddy and I drifted apart from each other and he was nowhere around me if things did go wrong.

And there seems there's a thing between barracudas and me. (Maybe because I love the song by Heart) When I went for my check-out dive for certification, also in the Gulf, was later told there were some cudas shadowing me the whole day - both times I went into the water. Guess there was a "target on my back".

Funny things is, cudas are attracted to shiny objectives. And what coats the second stage (mouth piece) regulator? Chrome! 😵 Someone ought to do a serious rethink there.

On a different story, had a buddy of mine, short guy, who bagged a very large grouper. Unfortunately, it too wasn't killed/stunned when the spear hit him. Grouper wound up taking him for a ride all over the place - underwater. He had to let go when his tank ran dry. Luckily he experienced no decompression sickness.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack this thread. Back to the little man and his own adventures👍 Keep on baggin' 'em son.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Summer fun. Fishing or varmint shooting. But in a couple of weeks, firecrackers. :yup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts