Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well there is all the talk about CCW at work. and here i am getting ready to take the class with my boss and a fellow co-worker. now none of us will be able to carry at work, but we should have a good time at the class. and it will be a race to see who gets there permit first. lol we are really competitive and territorial about our little part of the world we call work. so it will be fun to sit down and talk guns for a while. all 3 of us are vetrans, and we all own and shoot guns regularly (just not together) we all open carry on a regular basis so this should be just like another day at work, (except we will all be BS'ing about shooting instead of working)

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Have fun at class then. But take it seriously for what it is.....any day you don't learn something takes a day off your life. You and the guys will have plenty of time to talk about things next time you meet up, at work, or after class.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Have fun. It sounds like maybe you will have an interesting class.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You're lucky to have a boss who is friendly to CCW.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me add my congrats to you. You are joining a pretty close fraternity of folks who feel responsible enough to protect innocent life.
i have been a member fpr a while now but my FL permit is not valid in az. nor is it valid being an az resident to have an out of state permit to carry in az.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
we are really competitive and territorial about our little part of the world we call work.
I'm pretty competitive too, but I try not to mark my territory to often.:smoke23:

Just kiddin! Good luck at the Class.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the class was great! it was a huge sucess. my boss's wife had the tightest shot group out of the 6 of us (the group from my work) I had the second best.

They provided a glock 19 for the shooting part. I had fired off all 10 rounds in aprox 3-4 seconds (without realizing that i had done it that fast) I stayed in the 10 ring for 8 shots and put 2 in the 9ring. I thought i did rather well :) My boss's wife hit all 10 in the 10 ring. She said she hated the G19(she has only fired a 1911 and usp 45) she said "I dont like that gun there is no kick. I did not think it went off the first time."

The class was verry informative. and I reccomed if you are in the phoenix area that you go though the class (assuming you have not been to a CCW class yet)

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Glad to hear it.
Who provided the G19? Interesting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Took mine at the bass Pro Shop In Grapevine, Texas. OUTSTANDING instructor. Didn't know anyone at first but at the end of the day there was a bond.

Not bragging but at the qualification I shot very well. Practice, Practice. The first two stages I ate the center of the target up. The the third where you reach out I had a few strays but all in the good. Counting the holes the instuctor counts 17 including the BIG HOLE in the center. Looks at me and says "You Sux" With a Big Smile:image035:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts