Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There’s a headline on Breitbart that reads:

“Off-Duty Baltimore Cop Shoots Dead Robbery Suspect.”

My first thought was why did he shoot a dead guy?

Anybody else got some good headlines that make you go Wut?

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
The most basic rules of grammar and punctuation have escaped so many. It makes me cringe when those who tout home schooling cannot use "your" and "you're" correctly. It's not that difficult.

·
Super Moderator
16,121 Posts
Not a headline but this one caused great embarrassment to the Public Affairs Office at Altus AFB.

All pubic appearances must be coordinated with the Public Affairs Office.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
The most basic rules of grammar and punctuation have escaped so many. It makes me cringe when those who tout home schooling cannot use "your" and "you're" correctly. It's not that difficult.
Yore absolutely correct OldVet!

·
Registered
Various
15,511 Posts
They had a weekly newsletter at an agency where I worked. One very good looking young secretary was rumored to be promiscuous. She became a Notary Public. The newsletter read, "Congratulations to Jane Doe on becoming a Notary Pubic." The newsletter publisher swore it was a typo.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Neither can public school grads and Ivey League school grads. Why single out home schooling?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yer soooo keereck, OV.

Reactions: OldChap and Sister

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Just today, as I was waiting to get into a classroom, I peeked in and saw the prof had written on the board a list of stuff, which included:

Passed examples

From the context, I'm pretty sure he meant past examples.

I didn't call him out on it, but I'll be keeping an eye on him, as I follow him in that room twice a week.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts