Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
“That’s what a democracy is about,” Dershowitz argued. “If the majority of the people agree and support that, for public health measures, you have to be vaccinated, you have to be vaccinated.”

We are not a Democracy, we are a Representative Republic that upholds individual rights, not the collective the left so dreams of.

I will refuse vaccination if I please and they better not push the issue.

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
“That’s what a democracy is about,” Dershowitz argued. “If the majority of the people agree and support that, for public health measures, you have to be vaccinated, you have to be vaccinated.”

We are not a Democracy, we are a Representative Republic that upholds individual rights, not the collective the left so dreams of.

I will refuse vaccination if I please and they better not push the issue.

Dershowitz is a loon. Who cares if the "majority of people" agree or not...no one can be forced to be vaccinated against their will.

What next...tracking devices injected into your arm because "the majority of people think it's a good idea"?

A year ago that would have sounded like some crazy, futuristic conspiracy theory...now, who knows.

·
Registered
Pistoleer
455 Posts
Obviously this "prominent liberal attorney and former Harvard Law professor" does not realize that the US is not a democracy otherwise his comments would actually be accurate. Someone needs to educate him on how a Republic works.

·
Premium Member
7,373 Posts
I respect the guy, he's not an ideologue.

He called the Russia investigation right, he called the impeachment right during the senate trial, and he's called the Flynn trial right (in my opinion).

He's not like Toobin or Tribe, who are partisan political hacks.

He may be a Democrat, but he respects the Constitution, and applies it in a consistent manner.

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts

He called the Russia investigation right, he called the impeachment right during the senate trial, and he's called the Flynn trial right (in my opinion).

He may be a Democrat, but he respects the Constitution, and applies it in a consistent manner.
He's right about those things that you mentioned, but he went way off the reservation with this one.

·
Registered
519 Posts

What? Respects the Constitution? You think sticking a needle into someone is constitutional? I am hoping that I missed the sarcasm.

·
Premium Member
4,373 Posts
Can’t read the link.

·
Registered
578 Posts
He is entitled to think whatever he wants. He is dead wrong on this one. Fortunately he is not a decision maker on the issue ( Is it an actual issue? ).

Reactions: msgt/ret and PEF

·
Premium Member
7,373 Posts
What? Respects the Constitution? You think sticking a needle into someone is constitutional? I am hoping that I missed the sarcasm.
I would have to hear his argument, and the arguments against it. The police power of the state when it comes to health regulations, and when enacted by the legislature, can be quite broad. He's probably relying on Jacobson v. Massachusetts, and some case law that has developed since then.

All I'm saying is he has a reasoned approach; whether you agree in the end is another issue.

But he employs a disciplined approach to the Constitution; his decisions are not outcome based, like a lot of Constitutional hacks.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts