Defensive Carry banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Your analogy is flawed.

This issue is not going out and being in public, it is the requirement that one wear an external piece of cloth, ie a mask in order to do so.

Throw in that masks, especially the cloth ones being used by many, are USELESS against a virus and it makes no sense.

Unless of course you are merely trying to show how powerful you are.
Cloth masks definitely are not useless against a virus. And most people seem okay with the requirement to wear an external piece of cloth that exists pretty much everywhere that's not a nudist colony, not sure why a mask is such a big ask.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Cloth masks definitely are not useless against a virus. And most people seem okay with the requirement to wear an external piece of cloth that exists pretty much everywhere that's not a nudist colony, not sure why a mask is such a big ask.
You are being mislead. Cloth masks, surgical masks, N95 masks, none of them are rated as effective against a virus.

The package labeling says as much.

The reason is that masks are rated for particles down to .3 microns. For example, the N95 mask can stop 95% of particles .3 microns or larger. The Covid-19 virus is .1 microns.

In other words, the virus, any virus for that matter can sail right through it.

Now, the MSM and the talking heads initially said that masks were not effective. They admitted this.

Then, when the narrative changed to, "The mask is not meant to protect me, it is meant to protect you!"

This is pure Virtue Signalling at its worst.

Please explain to me how a mask can be effective for others but not the wearer? Does the mask know that it can allow virus in but to not allow it to escape?

How does that work?

Does the virus know it is only to enter the mask and not exit?

And, before you say the virus is entangled in fluid, I will remind you of this. Any virus that is entangled in fluid (Snot), will quickly shed as the fluid dries.

Also, asymptomatic people are not producing snot and thinner liquids involved in the vapors one exhale will dry even quicker.

In other words, the virus will be sailing right on through the mask.

If you've ever had to suit up to go in to a viral isolation room and have received the training (I have), then you would know this.

I know, the MSM and our government has everyone scared to death and logic has been thrown out the door.

We need to stop with the mask BS.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
As long as "We the people" have the right to plunge lead into hearts and minds of tyrants and forcibly remove them from this sphere when oppression is at issue I suppose.

UH...I would Remove that Post QUICK as it`s a Direct THREAT!!!!. And YES,Big Brother IS Watching and you May get a Visit!. Do it Now!.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I didn't mention anyone or threaten anyone, but if it goes against forum rules I will by all means remove it, or if a moderator deems it inappropriate please remove it. I am far from PC, I am a Constitutionalist, a Marine and an American. It's a general statement against tyranny and a worldview fully covered by the efforts of our Founding Fathers and all those who have served this great nation since we declared independence from that tyranny. I have nothing to fear from paraphrasing our founding fathers, nor will I ever quiver in fear from a so called "Big Brother". I do thank you however thank you for your concern for my well being as it is well received.

-CP

UH...I would Remove that Post QUICK as it`s a Direct THREAT!!!!. And YES,Big Brother IS Watching and you May get a Visit!. Do it Now!.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
How is that a direct threat? No different than most of the things said by our Founding Fathers.
When you are Threatening To "Plunge Lead" into the Hearts AND Minds of those you oppose that is a Direct Threat...Or don`t you get it????. This is 2020 and Not 1776,OK?. The days of Killing people over ideals Needs to be Over!. Peace.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you, and no worries. My chosen vocations of Marine and Historian puts my line of thinking at odds with a certain segment of our society. Freedom of thought as well as freedom of speech in as much as it doesn't infringe on any individuals legal rights here in the US is my right. "We the people..." are many but we will never be of one mind and that is why this is such a great nation, because we can all be entitled to those inalienable rights and those many minds.

-CP

How is that a direct threat? No different than most of the things said by our Founding Fathers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wants to take the bait...but doesn't. Peace is a myth, that's why I carry.

When you are Threatening To "Plunge Lead" into the Hearts AND Minds of those you oppose that is a Direct Threat...Or don`t you get it????. This is 2020 and Not 1776,OK?. The days of Killing people over ideals Needs to be Over!. Peace.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thank you, and no worries. My chosen vocations of Marine and Historian puts my line of thinking at odds with a certain segment of our society. Freedom of thought as well as freedom of speech in as much as it doesn't infringe on any individuals legal rights here in the US is my right. "We the people..." are many but we will never be of one mind and that is why this is such a great nation, because we can all be entitled to those inalienable rights and those many minds.

-CP
I can live with that....Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Do you think he means he's going to do that literally?

Who do you think he directed the comment to?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson- would you have admonished Jefferson to delete his comment before people got the "wrong idea"?

ps...I realize the internet and forums weren't around in Jefferson's days, just in case you were planning on giving me another reality check. :wink:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Do you think he means he's going to do that literally?

Who do you think he directed the comment to?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson- would you have admonished Jefferson to delete his comment before people got the "wrong idea"?

ps...I realize the internet and forums weren't around in Jefferson's days, just in case you were planning on giving me another reality check. :wink:
Literally???,Who here knows,Do you?.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
You are being mislead. Cloth masks, surgical masks, N95 masks, none of them are rated as effective against a virus.

The package labeling says as much.

The reason is that masks are rated for particles down to .3 microns. For example, the N95 mask can stop 95% of particles .3 microns or larger. The Covid-19 virus is .1 microns.

In other words, the virus, any virus for that matter can sail right through it.

Now, the MSM and the talking heads initially said that masks were not effective. They admitted this.

Then, when the narrative changed to, "The mask is not meant to protect me, it is meant to protect you!"

This is pure Virtue Signalling at its worst.

Please explain to me how a mask can be effective for others but not the wearer? Does the mask know that it can allow virus in but to not allow it to escape?

How does that work?

Does the virus know it is only to enter the mask and not exit?

And, before you say the virus is entangled in fluid, I will remind you of this. Any virus that is entangled in fluid (Snot), will quickly shed as the fluid dries.

Also, asymptomatic people are not producing snot and thinner liquids involved in the vapors one exhale will dry even quicker.

In other words, the virus will be sailing right on through the mask.

If you've ever had to suit up to go in to a viral isolation room and have received the training (I have), then you would know this.

I know, the MSM and our government has everyone scared to death and logic has been thrown out the door.

We need to stop with the mask BS.
What you're missing is that virus particles, on their own, don't easily travel far from the source. Yes, individual virus particles can get out from a mask, but that's not nearly as dangerous as large droplets carrying virus particles. And yes, the moisture will dry; that's why a mask is ineffective as protection for the uninfected. But when the infected wears it, it limits the size of particle exhaled, and therefore the distance it can travel.

·
Registered
34,030 Posts
"I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I want to kill! I want to see
Blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth! Eat dead, burnt bodies! I
Mean Kill. Kill!"

And I started jumpin' up and down, yellin' "KILL! Kill!" and he started
Jumpin' up and down with me, and we was both jumpin' up and down, yellin'
"Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!" and the sergeant came over, pinned a medal on me
Sent me down the hall, said "You're our boy". Didn't feel too good about it"

Alice's Restaurant.

·
Premium Member
7,373 Posts
Because people don't use them properly. Watch what people do when they wear them. In a grocery store...touching items...then touching the mask around their eyes and noses...then touching times.

It's foolish to think that the general populace will be 100% compliant when wearing a mask.

These are solutions that look good on paper, but fail miserably in practice.

101 - 120 of 150 Posts