Defensive Carry banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I will not carry a striker AIWB even in the best made holster I could find. Just my quirks I guess and why I consider a DAO revolver the top carry gun you can get for safety and versatility.
I wanted to triple like this post, so I bumped it instead. I like DAO pistols, too. Like my 4053 and Bodyguard.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I don't like small guns. Have had a BUNCH of them over the years, but I don't like them. I do believe in having an "I'm not carrying a gun" gun in one's kit. For me, their is no better choice for that role than the ubiquitous S&W J frame revolver - I'll leave the particular model up for individual choice.

When I was on duty, my BUG was always a J frame - again, different models over the years. It is a gun that lends itself well in going places where concealment is a must. Reliable to an extreme and in the hands of a good shooter, a capable weapon for "social distance interactions." It does have some draw backs though.

For me, a J frame isn't a good choice for an EDC gun, but for a BUG or a gun to carry when you are not carrying... nothing beats it.

My opinion of course.

I have shot the Hellcat, after shooting it I turned to the RO and my buddy and said "That might be the worst gun that I have shot in the last 10 years or so." I didn't like anything about that gun. My friend also shot it and while he didn't dislike it as much as I did, he stated "Yeah, I'll pass on this one."

Its good to have choices, and currently we have lots of good choices (well maybe not "currently" currently - but I believe that most of us on this and other gun forums have our carry/defensive gun needs met well before the Chi Com Flu and Riots of 2020)

41 - 42 of 42 Posts