Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.
I'm a retired university lecturer, and a student of history.

It's my sober considered judgement that the USA is heading towards circumstances in which the purpose of the Second Amendment -- the Security of a Free State -- is going to become very relevant. I'm not happy about this, but there it is.

No one knows the future. But when the foundations of a society start to crumble, there are signs, before it topples. We can see some of these signs now.

So ... we must prepare. Fortunately, the Founders foresaw something like this, and gave us the means to do so.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the opinions of others.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Welcome from ILL inois….Enjoy the Forum !

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Welcome aboard from North Carolina.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Welcome aboard from the northwest. I look forward to your input.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hello to everyone.
I'm a retired university lecturer, and a student of history.

It's my sober considered judgement that the USA is heading towards circumstances in which the purpose of the Second Amendment -- the Security of a Free State -- is going to become very relevant. I'm not happy about this, but there it is.

No one knows the future. But when the foundations of a society start to crumble, there are signs, before it topples. We can see some of these signs now.

So ... we must prepare. Fortunately, the Founders foresaw something like this, and gave us the means to do so.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the opinions of others.
Very well expressed. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Welcome from Savannah

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Welcome from the commonwealth of Virginia, the place where it all began and where we are fighting to see it doesn't end.

Reactions: catfish54

·
Super Moderator
50,576 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some of the signs of social decay: the very rapid decline in patriotism -- or of its outward signs and rituals -- among the chattering classes. New examples
of this appear almost daily -- refusal to fly the flag, dropping the Pledge of Allegiance, denouncing all of American history as just an unbroken line of
genocide.

I'm not an ultra-patriot, who thinks anything his government does to foreigners is okay. But in a country like America -- which is not ethnically homogeneous --
patriotism is the social glue that holds the place together. When that goes, the society will begin to fragment into groups whose new primary identity --
the entity to which they give their emotional loyalty -- is their ethnic group, for most, or some other self-identity signifier, like their sexual orientation if it's
a minority taste. Then when there is a big shock -- like a military defeat or a big economic crisis -- the country may not be able to resist the strain.

Which is exactly what the Left wants.

Ultimately, they're fools: because once racial identity becomes the primary identity moving people, the whites will not remain immune. The only real
anti-racism in America is patriotism. That's what unites us all, not scolding lectures from holier-than-thou prigs.

Right now, it's fine to start a Blacks-only group on a campus. Black pride is supposed to be good. And the same for any other racial or sexual minority
--but not for whites and heterosexuals and males. We're supposed to grin and bear it.

But once patriotism is gone ... and once we start seeing the government and its agencies -- the FBI, the military -- as alien bodies ...
then something else will fill the vacuum. The Left won't like what will take the place of patriotism among whites, and neither will any genuine conservative.

But by then it will be too late.

And in the ensuing bloody chaos, as the country comes apart, who will be the first to be devoured, because they
have no natural home? White progressives. They won't be welcome anywhere.

I suppose that will be some consolation.

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
Welcome from Utah. We have had some long debates here on the topics you raise!

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Gulf Coast.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts