Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just thought I'd join up and say hi. I live in one of the two most firearm friendly states in the entire nation, known as The Last Frontier. The reason why I carry now, is because I almost had some drunk dude try and break into my car, next thing I know, I got a KNIFE wielding drunk coming right at me. The day before that happened, I had gone to the range to shoot my new 357 snubby, and I guess I had shoved it into my coat pocket when I left and forgot about it. Well the night the drunk came at me, I felt my gun inside my pocket, and I pulled it out of my pocket, and this is where I got lucky. I had used ALL ammo at the range the previous day, so I basically pulled an empty gun on the guy, and when his eyes met the barrel of my 357, he started stumbling away as fast as he possibly could. If he would have kept charging, I probably would either be dead, or seriously wounded. I consider myself lucky, and I now make sure I have ammo in the gun I'm carrying. I'm glad I caught the guy b4 he broke out my car window. Anyway, sorry for the long first post.

Edit: My little run in with the knife weilding drunk took place in a Wal-Mart parking lot

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ahhhhh Yes, Wallie World, Nuff Said

Well Welcome to CC. Enjoy and feel free to jump in.

I was in Alaska back in June of 94 for a week, How do you get used to the day light in the summer.:aargh4: I couldn't go to sleep.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome to CC :smilez:

Now never again forget to reload that carry piece :wink:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome spyderdude. Wonder if he wet his pants when he saw that 357 coming out of your pocket.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hello from North Texas. Welcome to the forum. My son lived near Homer but is now in Kigali, Rwanda. Glad your encounter turned out ok.

·
Registered
419 Posts
spyderdude - Welcome... Didn't anyone ever tell you; "A Gun Is Always Loaded..??!! (LOL) Be glad; shootin' someone sucks..! Even if they Desprately deserve it..! :image035:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Welcome. Glad that turned out all right for you.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's quite an introduction to CC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.