Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was dirrected to this site by a guy I met on TFL. Looks interesting and I can't wait to check it out and get to know people.

By the way, I am a Cav Scout located in Baghdad. I've got about ten more months to go.
It's hard to get gun magazines here in country. Would any of you be willing to dispose of your shooting and gun oriented magazines, books or DVDs by mailing them to me here in Iraq? I will definitely find a home for them. (Our Iraqi commandos like looking at the pictures....)
Thanks in advance, and take care;
John

PM me for contact info.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
John
Welcome to the site. It is great having you with us. I also would like to say God Bless you and the rest over their fighting for all of us.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
John, welcome, do you have an address handy? I heard of some problems with you guys and gals getting gun related magazine over there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. I guess the bigest problem is the large number of bases (FOBs) and the lack of overall demand. Unfortunately not many Soldiers and Marines are shooters. The PX people realize this, and so gun magazines are hard to come by, depending upon a persons location. Compared to 2003-04 when I was here for OIF 1 things have improved dramatically. We were sleeping on the ground and eating out of cans (T-rats) for the first 6 months. It's truly amazing to see the difference.

My contact info;

SGT John F. Tremblay
HHT 8-10 CAV, 4th BCT, 4th ID.
Unit# 42505
APO AE 09361-2505

I believe the post office has a flat rate shipping box for around $8. Smaller containers can be had for less.
Just make sure you fill out the little customs form. It's easy, all it does is list whats in the box or package. That way Uncle Sam knows your not sending a bomb, or 'evil' pork products.
Thank you very much for your support.
Take care,
John Tremblay

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you, John. You guys(and gals)are doing a great job. Don't let the media get you down. They have no clue considering what I read and hear from all of you over there. Keep your head down and Godspeed! We'll all :congrats: when you've completed your mission. You are in our hearts and prayers.:yup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harry Callahan said:
Thank you, John. You guys(and gals)are doing a great job. Don't let the media get you down. They have no clue considering what I read and hear from all of you over there. Keep your head down and Godspeed! We'll all :congrats: when you've completed your mission. You are in our hearts and prayers.:yup:
Thank you, I appreciate the support.
You might find this funny, the headline from the Stars And Stripes news paper for 1 Feb 06;

Poll: Half of Iraqis favor attacks on US Troops.
:frown:

Oh well. Can't please everybody.
Take care,
John

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Glad to hear from you. My nephew got out of there just before Christmas. He is back in Germany now. Best of luck to you and all the troops.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
John .......... Great to have you aboard!...:congrats: You'll find this Goup in the Forum to be a great bunch.. Let the guys, and women who serve in Iraq, and the rest of the Free World, that we're behind ya 1000%........
Tell em to "KICK *SS...........and take names.....:comeandgetsome: .....if it's hot and heavy, I'm sure ya'll can call in the "Low and Slow" guys.....:biggrin2: ......not to mention a little "Shoot and Scoot".."Rock n Roll" :biggrin2: Stay safe and God bless ya'll

·
Registered
18 Posts
John 242 said:
Thank you, I appreciate the support.
You might find this funny, the headline from the Stars And Stripes news paper for 1 Feb 06;

Poll: Half of Iraqis favor attacks on US Troops.
:frown:

Oh well. Can't please everybody.
Take care,
John
God I hate the left! What they do borders on treason.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome, John! As a USN Retired E-8 Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm Vet, let me tell you how proud I am of the job you are doing over there. You and all the troops are in our prayers. Don't believe what you might see in the press, a vast majority of AMERICANS support you! The other part, well, they have pictures of Ted Kennedy and Hilary Clinton in their living rooms! I am cleaning house and will get some gun rags in the mail this week. Take Care and God Bless from the home state of Fort Bragg! Terry

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Consider it done John, anything special?

·
Administrator
143,962 Posts
Hi John

Did you happen to read THIS other headline?:

100% Of CombatCarry.com Members Favor STRONG SUPPORT For Our Amazing Troops! :usflag:

Hey THANKS for registering on our forum & with all my heart THANKS for helping to keep the terror off our streets here on the homefront.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
John,

I am on it sir! I will PM you to see what else you could use that can be sent.

Thank you for what you are doing and keep up the good work.

Pictures would be great if you could post some. We like to see and hear from you guys.

Are you a 1911 guy?

My contact info;

SGT John F. Tremblay
HHT 8-10 CAV, 4th BCT, 4th ID.
Unit# 42505
APO AE 09361-2505

Are you Army or ?, I can't read code just yet.

Ti.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hey John - big welcome to the CC forums. :smile:

What a pleasure to have one of our finest join in here - and as has been said - you have all the support you can handle from this neck of the woods - be assured on that.

I'll have a dig and see what mags I can find too - give me some time.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Thanks for your service to our country and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Now now, I think all Americans, right or left, are in full support of our troops. We disagree on why they are there. That's all I'm saying about that cause I'm really not trying to go there.

Thank you SGT. Tremblay, for your service that is. And I will see what I can scare up this weekend. There are a bunch of shooters where I work, so I bet I can scare up a decent stack.

While writing this an idea struck me. Book stores typically destroy their unsold periodicals once the new issue comes out. They rip off the front covers to send back for credit from the publisher, but the body of the magazine just gets thrown away.

What if we went to these stores and asked them to donate their unsold stock, minus the covers of course.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
what !.....no magazines ????

WorldPax said:
What if we went to these stores and asked them to donate their unsold stock, minus the covers of course.
it could work...I used to get my free magazines that way ! :yup:

Welcome to the forums SGT. God bless all you guys and girls... :wave:
-------
My uncle can wait, all you guys can't.... I'll be starting a small collection to send to your forwarding address, even if it is 4 or 5 mags... :smile:

Arthur USN veteran

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
QKShooter said:
100% Of CombatCarry.com Members Favor STRONG SUPPORT For Our Amazing Troops! :usflag:
Here here. Well said QK. 100%.

Welcome to the forum from a former Sgt. to a current one.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.