Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to guns and just made my first purchase of a Glock 43. Took her to the range for the first time today. I'm going to need a LOT more practice to say the least. I'm looking forward to absorbing as much information as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Howdy from Texas.
Hope you enjoy your new hobby(obsession).
Just take it slow and easy at the range.
And don't be afraid to ask for help.
You may find it's harder to get good groupings with the 43 than with, say a 26 or 19. No matter what they say, size does matter.
But keep at it.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

Reactions: Icipher84

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee!

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome from wild and wonderful WV.

Just stay at it. I found some YouTube videos on pistol grip and stance to help my accuracy. Also, most ranges I've been to don't allow drawing from a holster to shoot. I did a bunch of dry fire practice to help get used to bringing the weapon up in the same grip every time. At some point you (and I) may want to consider a defensive shooting course. I live on a bunch of rural property now so I shoot whenever and however I like now.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome from the land beyond O'Hare. Get some training, then get some more. There are some good instructors in the area.

Mostly, just welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Welcome from GA.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Hi Icipher84! Welcome to the forum from Texas. This is a great place to learn and to share! I carry a 3rd Gen Glock 30 SF. Congrats on deciding to learn more about defensive carry and firearms and making the decision to protect yourself and your loved ones.

I'm glad you're here.

Keep practicing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts