Defensive Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Thanks for the welcome message. My wife and I live halfway between MCAS Cherry Point and the birthplace of Pepsi Cola, New Bern, NC. It is an area rich with active and retired Marines, Navy, Coasties, and Army folks.
I have family in Wilmington and in Carolina Beach, and friends in Chapel Hill and in Calabash. The coastal Carolina's (Lowcountry) is my favorite region of the country. From the Wilmington area, which is not all that far south of you, to the coast of Georgia is nothing short of heaven on earth. Love it.

Reactions: Sister and URIT

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Hi, I was doing some research for a comment I wanted to make on another forum yesterday when I happened upon Defensive Carry. I forgot the research and spent the day here and like the respectful vibe, I felt from thread commenters. So, this morning I decided to join to learn from the members and share my two-cents.

I spent 33+ years on the job carrying S&W revolvers (15 & 19), retiring to Costa Rica with my wife for some retirement adventures before moving back to the U.S. We relocated to Arizona and then moved after several years to coastal North Carolina when she developed chronic dry eye syndrome. When I turned 70, the government made me take distributions on my IRA, so I bought a gun safe and filled it with mostly S&W Gen3s in 9mm and .40 S&W handguns.

I enjoy at least once a month range time and am blessed with nice weather that makes for pleasant trips year-round. I stay physically fit to stay healthy and keep up my shooting skills. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time on the Defensive Carry Forum.
Welcome! What part of Coastal Carolina are you residing?

Reactions: URIT

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have family in Wilmington and in Carolina Beach, and friends in Chapel Hill and in Calabash. The coastal Carolina's (Lowcountry) is my favorite region of the country. From the Wilmington area, which is not all that far south of you, to the coast of Georgia is nothing short of heaven on earth. Love it.
My wife and I drove to Wilmington a few months so I could pick up a "Lady", an S&W Model 3913LS. A beautiful part of the state.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
We live close to New Bern, NC spitting distance from the Nuese River in the Croatan National Forest.
Birth place of Pepsi!!

I was I was stationed and operated out of Camp Lejeune for 8 years. I know the area very well.

The wife and I vacation there every fall, usually after Labor Day. This year we stayed in Beaufort.

Reactions: URIT and Sister

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
My wife and I drove to Wilmington a few months so I could pick up a "Lady", an S&W Model 3913LS. A beautiful part of the state.
Yes it is. We travel through there every year on the way to South Carolina and on occasion, Georgia. And, of course, the times we go down to see our relatives, which is not as often as it should be, I fear.

Reactions: Sister and URIT

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Texas.

Reactions: URIT and Sister

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
We live close to New Bern, NC spitting distance from the Nuese River in the Croatan National Forest.
Welcome, I know that area very well. Was born and raised in Wilmington, your New Bern paper editor is one of my best friends daughter - she was conservative before they sent her to college lol.

Beaufort NC is my favorite place, lived there in the 80’s and it was great. Hope you can help NC stay conservative and gun friendly 👍🏻

Reactions: URIT
21 - 33 of 33 Posts