Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been reading here for a while and joined a short while ago. I figured before I jump in on many posts it would be polite to introduce myself.

I am an former Marine,Retired from a major Airline where I worked in aircraft maintenance.
Married to the same woman for thirty years,three kids and three grandkids .

I am a confirmed gun nut. I grew up in the country where firearms were common. I like all kinds of guns but mostly handguns.I have and shoot a little bit of everything. If I had to list my favorites it would be older S&W snubbies and just about any other older S&Ws.

I am a big fan of the .41 magnum in both double and single actions.

My autos are both 1911 and Glocks. I like them both for different reasons.
I have always liked pistol shooting and deer hunting with a pistol. I started shooting IDPA about a year ago and shoot both a Glock 34 and a SA 1911 in that competition and I really have been enjoying it.

Of course anybody who shoots much has to reload and I have been doing that for 25 years also.

I am a big believer in America and the 2nd Amendment and have had a CCW for many years and will almost always have a firearm on or close at hand.

I hope I can add something to this forum as I am bound to have learned a little in all these years.

Thanks,in advance,for the Welcome!

frank

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Hey, Frank. Welcome to the forum from next door in Alabama. Jump right in. Glad to have you.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi Frank - welcome and good to have you join us :smilez:

Also great to have older folks come along with experience - all goes to help fill the pot when helping those newer to it all. Another reloader here - similar time frame.

Thank you for your service to our great country.

·
Administrator
143,596 Posts
Hi Frank

That was a great New Member Introduction. :usflag:

I really enjoyed reading that intro of yours so you had best do some more posting on our/(yours now too) forum. :yup:

Please join right in.

If you need any help with anything forum related shoot a Private Mail to any of the moderators.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Welcome from Washington State. Glad to have you.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Frank, welcome from California, the land of fruits and nuts...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hello Frank Welcome Aboard

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hello from North Texas. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'm a Georgia boy too, welcome!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the Welcome! To answer some questions that popped up. I live south of the Airport. I do most of my shooting at South River Gun Club in Covington. I sometimes go to Autry's Armory in Fayetteville if I want to shoot indoors.

I shoot IDPA Wednesday nights at American Classic in Norcross and I also shoot IDPA at Little River Gun Club in Carrolton.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Welcome from down the street Frank ! :wave:

·
Registered
419 Posts
frank - Thought I had already done so but apparently not, So:; "Welcome from a fellow Georgian." "Savannah, that is.!" :image035:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.