Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking here since I took my CHL class in November of 2005. I want to thank all of the regular posters, and the folks like me who will only pipe-up once and a while, for their insight and honesty.

Now that I am fully authorized by the great state of Texas, I'm sure I'll have more to contribute in the future to this fine forum.

Brian

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Good to have you here. I agree, the regulars really know their stuff here, and they will not bite your head off for asking a question.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Glad to have you join us Brian.

Congrats on getting your CHL.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Brian - glad you have CCW sorted out and welcome to the forum :smilez:

Let us know what you carry and how.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-Chris

I'm working my way through the fray as it were. I'm starting with the clips, and have already ruled out the Covert Carrier. It's the rubber sleeve mounted clip that slips over your grip. It works as advertised but since the clip is on the grip it has poor balance when attached. Today I received the Clipdraw and that is a welcomed improvement. I have adhered it to the polymer frame at the neutral balance point and the pistol feels 16 oz. lighter because of the improved balance.

When summer hits, I suppose I'll be looking hard at IWB holsters.

I'm trying to achieve deep concealment and all-day comfort. Am I asking too much or am I too new to this?

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Brian - well depends on how deep you call deep :wink:

Most know I do not like IWB - much as anything a comfort deal but maybe that will have to be your path. Of course body type too has a part to play in the decisions.

Some people like clips but ultimately good leather is way to go if possible.

So - how deep is ''deep"? And what about your build? Sounds like you may be limited with concealment clothing if I read right with the ''deep'' !

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome! Now tell me, what type holster do you use for that gun you are holding in your avatar?:wave:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum - :smilez:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
welcome...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.