Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm a new gun owner in central Indiana.
Just received my concealed carry permit in the mail this week- only took 3 months vs. the 4 week turnaround that paying the premium for electronic fingerprinting was supposed to do. Anyways, I just purchased a Glock 27 at a gun show last weekend. Haven't shot it yet. Hope to get out get it done soon.
I thought I'd do some extra research on concealed carry and get tips here- so I joined. I did buy the clip draw for my Glock when I was as the gun show- but I'm not necessarily 100% sold on it yet. I'm thinking of getting a good IWB holster also.
I've also thought about adding the "Siderlock" trigger safety, since I am fairly new to pistols. I'm an ex Army guy that loved shooting the AR-15.
Back to my random introduction, I'm also an aspiring marathon runner (my first mini will be May 4th) and seasoned Carpenter. I've remodeled my kitchen twice in 3 years. 38 year old happily married father of 3 great kids.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome from Memphis.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.:wave:

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Welcome from Alabama

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome from South East PA. I used to live in Eaton as a kid so I'm a Hoosier at heart.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! Don't worry about a safety. These striker fired pistols won't go off until you squeeze the trigger & your finger should be off the trigger at all times until you're ready to fire. I carry mine with a round in the chamber, the mag topped off all the time & I'm careful while reholstering so the trigger doesn't snag on anything I don't feel unsafe in any way. It took a few days of carrying it that way to get comfortable, though.

Thanks for your service!

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
I would definitely consider a good IWB holster, something that will cover your trigger. That clip draw would not allow you to carry with a round in the chamber and is something that would always have the potential for an AD. JMHO.

Welcome from GA!

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Enjoy the forum.................... :wave:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Welcome from Delaware!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts