Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been reading some good stuff on here. I'm adding a new gun to the collection this weekend. I've narrowed it down to the Ruger LC9s Pro, or the Glock 43. Any input would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

Glocks are very popular. I had a G 22 issued to me by the security agency I worked for & a G 23 which I owned. After many rounds through each I had no problems at all. I wish I still had the G 23 but gave it to my son after retirement from security & before we had a concealed carry law. He's a LEO & it's now his off duty carry.

I went to S&W's M&P when our CC law was passed. My son recommended it because his duty weapon was an M&P40 & thought it's a bit superior to Glock. And they're made in the USA. I have one of those for home defense & for occasional carry & an M&P40 compact for carry most times.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Your choice is going to have to come down to what you feel is right for you and your lifestyle/preferred carry style. I'm sure we'd all be glad to steer you away from known problem guns, but asking to choose between two very popular models like that is likely to end up with 200 pages of back and forth replies.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Welcome from West Branch.

Sent via my subspace communicator

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Everyone has a gun that fits right in their hand, fits well for edc carry, shoots well, etc. Range test them. Fondle them. Pick what you like. My preference is more for the wheel guns.

Welcome from Washington!

·
Registered
11,826 Posts
Greetings from Utah.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Welcome aboard. Both of the pistols you are considering are reliable and easy to carry concealed. The Ruger can be had at a lower price and IMO has a better trigger, but you can't go wrong with either.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Welcome from the Lone Star State.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Welcome

1 - 20 of 20 Posts