Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Scott, and I've been reading on the site now for about 6 months and finally decided to say hello to everybody.

I've been in law enforcement for the last 26 years of my life, and will be for at least 7 more if my health holds up. And of course, I carry concealed when off duty. I feel it's a necessity these days. I work in the prison system in this part of my career, and I've seen some of my former charges out in public. Not that they've caused me any problems, but they could, and I want to be able to defend myself and my family if the need arises. The way things are going these days, I'd carry even if I didn't work in law enforcement.

This seems like a really good community, and expect to see more out of me out in the forums.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Welcome from the Lone Star State.

Reactions: consitter

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Welcome aboard Scott. As you have seen from viewing the last six months or so, there are lots of interesting things to discuss and think about.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, Scott!

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
My name is Scott, and I've been reading on the site now for about 6 months and finally decided to say hello to everybody.

I've been in law enforcement for the last 26 years of my life, and will be for at least 7 more if my health holds up. And of course, I carry concealed when off duty. I feel it's a necessity these days. I work in the prison system in this part of my career, and I've seen some of my former charges out in public. Not that they've caused me any problems, but they could, and I want to be able to defend myself and my family if the need arises. The way things are going these days, I'd carry even if I didn't work in law enforcement.

This seems like a really good community, and expect to see more out of me out in the forums.
Welcome from up in Henry county.

Mrs Thin works at one of the local prisons as well, and is the #1 reason I'm glad she carry's. Like you, she's only run into one or two former inmates with no issues, but you never know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the welcomes!!

I've already received a 5 point infraction for posting a link to the company that made my favorite holster. I didn't read the rules close enough and missed that. I didn't mean any harm to anybody and hope that the admin will forgive me of my screw up.

All the words run into each other for me, and I just hit 'agree' and go on, kind of like I do every time apple sends out an update. The infraction note came almost immediately after I made the post, and I sent an apology PM but never received an answer. It kinda hurt my feelings a bit when I received the PM to begin with, and then even more when no one answered my apology, but I need to get over that, and continue on.
Being butt-hurt isn't good for anybody, right?:embarassed:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome from up in Henry county.

Mrs Thin works at one of the local prisons as well, and is the #1 reason I'm glad she carry's. Like you, she's only run into one or two former inmates with no issues, but you never know.
Wondering...where exactly is Henry County located in the great commonwealth? I worked at the county jail here for the first 8 years of my career.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
We're about 30 miles from downtown Lousiville up I-71. We have 3 state prisons close by, 4 if you add in the women's prison a little closer to town.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts