Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7677 told me about this place.
I have been involved with unarmed and armed WW2 combatives since the age of 9, when I discovered that my dad had been a Ranger and hand to hand combat instructor during WW2.
I spent 20 years as a NYC Court Officer and have been working as a court clerk since 1999.
I have many interests, but armed and unarmed self defense rate right up there.
Looking forward to interacting with some like minded folks here.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Welcome Matt :smilez:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smilez:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome Matthew, I'm a former City dweller myself. I shared quite a few cups of coffee and conversations with Court Officers. Are you able to carry on your retired tin?
Gonzo

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TheGreatGonzo said:
Welcome Matthew, I'm a former City dweller myself. I shared quite a few cups of coffee and conversations with Court Officers. Are you able to carry on your retired tin?
Gonzo
Actually court clerk is a promotion from court officer, and since I am still a peace officer I still carry on my shield.
I never did go to the Glock and my carry gun is a S&W 642.
Which part of the Big Apple did you call home?

·
Super Moderator
25,605 Posts
Welcome to the forum Matt. I spent my early years in Washington Heights.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome from a Coloradioan who would not go to NYC if you put him at gunpoint lol

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Welcome from MA! Hope you enjoy it here. This is the best CC forum out there, lots of good folks.

Lots of LE acquaintances in/around NYC due to my past involvement with the Shomrim Society of Mass (still a member, org here is rather "dormant").

I successfully stayed out of NYC from 1979 to 2003 when I had to attend a 1-day business meeting (stayed in CT, commuter rail into NYC and pickup by NYPD friend). Sorry, just don't like the City, never did!

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yes, NYC is not very gun friendly, that is for sure, and I do not see any positve changes for the future.
I can retire in a few years, and I am looking to eventually move to a friendlier and warmer climate.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Matthew Temkin said:
Actually court clerk is a promotion from court officer, and since I am still a peace officer I still carry on my shield.
I never did go to the Glock and my carry gun is a S&W 642.
Which part of the Big Apple did you call home?
Very cool. I was an Upper East Sider...Yorkville. But I worked downtown, right across the street from the courthouse. 26 Fed.
Gonzo

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome! :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
you had some good bars over there with lots of nurses from the hospital.
Good hunting ground. At least before I was married.

AFS

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.