Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just recently became interested in handguns. Have been around guns my entire life, and have been an avid bowhunter and shotgunner for sometime. However, for some reason handguns never really interested me. Just a few months ago, I shot my grandfather's 1911 that he carried in WWII. (Actually he didn't carry this specific model in the war, but it was made in 1914 according to the SN). After that day, it has been a constant downward spiral into gunaholism. I immediately bought a Springfield GI 1911, and found out rather quickly that it probably wasn't my best choice for a first gun - although I don't think I did too bad. (The sights are really hard to see and the hammer bites the heck out of my hand.) Regardless, I've put almost a thousand rounds through it already, half of them that I've reloaded (another obsession I'm new to).

At this point both the wife and I are looking at classes to get our CCW permits soon. And of course, I have started looking at potential next purchases, much to the wife's dismay. :redface:

I'd like to say that the information on this board is wonderful. I've been on a lot of forums and I have to say the folks here are a rare group indeed. Nowhere else have I seen such helpful and responsive people. I asked a very newbiesh question today and in less than a few hours have pages of responses. Thanks again for all the help.

Joe in Ohio

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Welcome, Joe, glad to have you join us! :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome Joe - to the land of the carry folk! :smile:

Enjoy.

·
Registered