Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

I am a college professor in Oklahoma where I teach computer science (and have for some 27 years). I once was a liberal, but my views have changed greatly over the years. (Good example: I voted for George McGovern when I was 21 in 1972, but I voted for Reagan in '84). Over the years in the '90's I used to look at the raging arguments about gun control. At first I really didn't have an opinion, but because I found myself growing more and more conservative, I grew to thinking more of gun owners as 'fellow conservatives' (not always the case, but largely true) and at any rate, when I looked at the gun control arguments, I found the anti-gun people to lack any merit at all in what they said.

Indeed, the facts seemed to be totally on the side of pro-gunners while the antis only had emotion and deceit working for them. The more I studied all this the more I decided that it might be good to have a gun (or 2 or several) for home and family defense. So it was that in 1999 I got my Oklahoma CHL and started carrying legally where I could do so.

I am a member at GlockTalk.com (liberty addict) and have been for some time. CombatCarry.com I have just discovered, and from what I can see it appears to be a really great site. Glad to be here! :wave:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
welcome to our corner of the web lol

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome Prof'

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find all manner of people here. More than a few educators, several college professors, several involved in IT from various angles, and even a reference librarian at an all womens college - me. We have in common the understanding that noone is able or going to protect us. We must be ready and able to protect ourselves and that gun ownership, carry, practice, and training are necessary for us to be able to do that.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
welcome to the form. now go to the range and shoot.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smile:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Freedom Doc, 'Hello' from just below the Red River. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Midwest City

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.