Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to officially say “Hello”! I’ve been peeking around the forum for the past few months and felt I needed to introduce myself. I’m 29 and will be starting my first full year as an assistant professor…I guess you can say I’m a rare breed. There appears to be only a select few that I know of in my profession that believes fully in the 2nd amendment. I’ve had my PA CCW for a three years and carrying a concealed firearm has taught me about situational awareness, a greater respect for firearms, and maintaining a calm demeanor.

I’ve learned a lot from reading the threads. Hopefully I can add something to the conversations. And maybe ask for some advice when I apply for the CHL once I’m officially a TX resident.

Also, for yinz guys in Texas…any recommendations on gun shops and/or ranges in the Corpus Christi area?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome from Memphis from a native Texan.

Reactions: NONAME762

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Howdy Hay from WA state Today.

The Professor and Mary Ann....... Sorry Bro...I couldn't hep myself. Blame my Texan heritage...+I'm a bit of a Joker....and just barely paper trained!!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, Prof!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Enjoy the forum.................... :wave:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee....... the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

You should consider taking the required course and applying for your Texas CHL as a non-resident.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

You should consider taking the required course and applying for your Texas CHL as a non-resident.
If I went this route and used reciprocity would I just have to apply for the CHL once I became a resident? Is the class the same?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.