Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this board and just wanted to say hello. I live in Philly and just got my ccw. I thought about it for years, but kept putting it off because it's such a big responsibility. I've been the victim of gun crime three times in Philly. Once while driving a cab in the city, once when confronted by the husband of a woman I didn't know was married, and once by an irate rent-a-cop in a parking lot. I have two good friends who were shot. One during a home invasion and the other while delivering pizza. A few months ago, some crazy attacked me with a hatchet over a parking space. That was the last straw. I bought a gun and got the ccw. I have a pretty low-key lifestyle and I'm an older guy (I'm 62). I don't hang in bars or go into dangerous neighborhoods and I don't have an "attitude". But here in Philly, crime happens everywhere, and the police are busy, so I finally decided to take on the responsibility for protecting myself. I'm too old to care what the nay-sayers say about carrying a concealed weapon and I feel comfortable carrying it. I do hope none of us ever gets into a situation where we have to defend ourselves, but if we do, at least we might have a fighting chance to get out of it safely.

My safe wishes to everyone (except the BG)

·
Registered
15 Posts
first let me say welcome and sorry for your expirence.

When I got my carry ammo, the first thing that was said to me was, "here you go, may you NEVER have to use them." With that said. May you be safe and maybe learn a few things on here. (I just joined myself!)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Howdy Number from a brother Philadelphian, most of my life in South Philly, a few years in East Falls section.
I finally moved out about 3 years ago but still visit often.

I also wish to say hello to our many new members that I haven't extended a personal greeting to.

Welcome All.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....bad situation you went through....

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hello -

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum. BTW: There are a bunch of us "old" guys around here. :yup:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. I disagree with rstickle. There are no "old" guys here. There are, however, a bunch of young guys in old bodies.:wink:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Welcome to the forum, numberdude :hand36:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hiyah...

numberdude - Welcome to the board, and a "New Life of GREAT BIG responsibility" in the "Great Cheese-Steak City..!" :image035:

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
A Rocky Top Tennessee welcome to you

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Welcome! :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome (and stay safe) - :wave:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hello from North Texas. Welcome to the forum and I promise not to hold your youth against you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome! Was it pretty easy to get your CCW in Philly, or did they make you jump through hoops? Are there are lot of "no-carry" places in Philly?

LibertyGal

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.