Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have heard Chris, aka P95carry, mention this forum a time or two over at the Rohrbaugh forum and figured I would check it out. Nice forum ya'll have here. Think I'll hang out a bit if you don't mind. I moved down to Florida about 4 years ago from NJ. I was amazed the first time I bought a gun here, Beretta 391 for trap and skeet, that I didn't have to jump through hoops like in NJ. If you don't know, in NJ you must get finger printed and answer all sorts of questions then send out your application in order to even buy a BB gun. About 6 months later you get your firearms ID card which allows you to purchase rifles and shotguns (and BB guns). For handguns you need to apply locally for a permit to purchase a handgun. One permit, one gun. Well, you can imagine how amazed I was when the guy at the gun shop said all I needed was a FL DL. :blink: And if that didn't blow my mind enough he then asked if I had a carry permit. Excuse me? FL allows its citizens to carry guns? Well, I signed up for a class that week and three months later at the most had my carry permit. I will never live in NJ, or similar, states again.
Anyway that is a little blurb on me. Thanks again for the forum. I am already enjoying it.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Welcome ...

Michigan is the same as you were used to one permit one gun .. with ccw i just use my ccw as permit and buy as many as i want

·
Super Moderator
23,557 Posts
Welcome to CC! Lots of great Sunshine state members, so hang around and met them. North TX myself, similar to FL laws other than the "Castle" laws. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome from Arizona - :smilez:

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Welcome To The Forum

Thanks for registering.:usflag:

Anybody know a "P95Carry" registered on this forum?:confused:
A guy named Chris? Sounds vaguely familiar to me.
I'll have to check the Forum Member List.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Welcome from a native south Floridian! If you're in Miami, you should check out our IDPA club. go to: http://www.tssa.net There are a fair number of folks here on the forum that shoot with the club twice a month, sometimes more. Check it out.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
HEY ROC!!! Welcome dude :smilez: Great to have you here!

I see you have been active already and I reckon seeing your handle didn't sound any bells because I am so used to seeing it on R Forum!

I am sure you'll enjoy the good company. Stick around why don't you.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome:wave:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome from NC. I spent some years in Jacksonville while in the USN, great state! I just may retire in St. Augustine! Man, sounds like NJ is rough! Fingerprinted just to buy a BB gun? :aargh4: :aargh4: :wave:

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
welcome, enjoy the site. lots of good folks here.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Welcome Rocnerd....I'm fellow NJ "escapee" as well....moved to FL about the same time you did.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Welcome:
NY escapee here. did you notice your Fla license also let's you carry a switchblade!!!
Is this a great state or what?

AFS

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I was quite surprised to see the amount of replies here. I took a training class this weekend and so haven't been back to check and was amazed at the response. Thanks again. I'll post a quick overview of the class in the carry section for anyone who is interested.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.