Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I've had a permit to carry since '95, but haven't really carried much in the past few years. Just starting to again, and recently purchased a Ruger LCP which I am very happy with as a little pocket gun. I am currently in the market for something a little bigger and am heavily considering a Kahr MK9. For one thing.. the ammo is a hell of a lot cheaper to target shoot, and I want something with a bit better site picture. Lastly, I am also looking for a simple Ruger MK III just for target shooting/plinking/ and practicing good form at a cheap price.

Anyway.. Does anyone have a suggestion other than the MK9 as another small carry 9mm? I have also considered the PM9, and Rohrbaugh.. but have mostly ruled them out. I am still a little skittish about the PM9 and reliability, and the Rohrbaugh wouldn't be a pistol I would practice with enough to be comfortable. Also, they seem higher maintenance with the recoil spring replacement. They are nice pistols, but I also can not afford the price tag. Thought about a glock also, but would like something single stack to keep it slim. I am of average build... 5' 9" and about 160lbs..

I currently have the following pistols, though don't carry the USP, Para, and Colt Mustang:

H&K USP Full Frame .40
Sig P239 .40
ParaOrdnance P12-45
Walther PPK .380
S&W 640 .38/.357
Colt Mustang .380
Ruger LCP .380

Thanks in advance,
Rock

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
The MK9 is a decent gun, I had one, but be forewarned that it's a very heavy little gun for a 6+1 ammo capacity. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it, otherwise I'd check out the PM9, Glock 26, or XD9 Subcompact.

Oh, and welcome from another Pennsylvanian. We are in the best CCW state in the entire Union!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Welcome from California! I would also recommend the Springfield XD9sc, but it is not single stack.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
welcome to dc

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

I would suggest either a Glock-26 in 9mm, or if you want 'slim'...the Glock-36 in .45, a single stack and the thinnest of all the Glocks.

ret :31:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome aboard from Virginia.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.