Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Hello all, I live in Vancouver, Canada. Currently I have a NZ-85b in 9mm (Norinco clone of the CZ) and a 1926 Enfield Mk VI revolver in .455 for handguns. I plan on buying a Stainless P226 soon, followed by a Norinco 1911 commander. I signed up here to read up on Sigs and also had my interest perked by a course recently run here for people wishing to apply for a Utah CCW.

CCW in Canada is extremely limited and hard to get (ie better be famous or a very VIP, in fact rumour has it our Prime Minister used a .38cal “Inuit statue” to stop a intruder into their house. You can apply for a “Authorization to Carry” (ATC) for wilderness carry in remote area if you can prove to the police that your job, geologist, miner, timber cruiser can’t be done with a shotgun or rifle.

Handguns are “restricted” which means they can only be taken to the range, gun show or gunsmith and can only be fired at the range. Hopefully under our newly elected government some of the rules will loosen up. Anything with a barrel length less than 4” is prohibited and only those who were “grandfathered” at the time of the law can posses them, this includes the Luger PO8, which of course is the gangbanger gun of choice, right?

Myself, I spent 11 years in the military (which still issues Inglis made Browning Hi-powers made in 1944-45) 15 years in the Coast Guard (rescue stuff) and now am a Inspector with Transport Canada. I like shooting both long and handgun, working towards doing my first IDPA match. Here we have to take a course called “Black Badge” which is basically a safety course for holster work and range safety before competing.

I look forward to learning from you guys and have already enjoyed the threads on the Sig pistols. Cheers

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Well Hi Colin and welcome to CC :smile:

If you have been browsing then you may know I carry a SIG 226 ST - any questions on that do ask.

Wish your restrictions were way less but - well, at least you guys can still get some shooting.

I left UK in 2000 - having been stripped of a large handgun collection - it sucks bigtime!!

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome Colin

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
welcome:wave:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome from NC, USA

Hi, Colin! Good to have a Northern Neighbor here! I have one Sig, a P220 ST Langdon Edition. SIGs are an excellent choice! :wave:

·
Super Moderator
25,603 Posts
Welcome! As for SIGs I have a 226 and a 239, love'm both!:image035:

·
Administrator
144,136 Posts
Welcome To Our Friend "Up There"

Thanks for registering.
Join right in!:yup:
We'll love hearing from you.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome.
Like you I hope that the new government will help keep you all safer

·
Administrator
144,136 Posts
Oh That's Right

The conservatives are "in" up yonder these days.
I hope that your gun restrictions will ease up a bit.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, won’t be able to spend lots of time here, already getting the evil eye from the wife about how much time I spend on the computer, plus my daughter is getting a bit demanding these day (whining as I write this) I was also supposed to go to the SHOT show, 2 of my friends are there right now (lucky buggers) This forum is quite nice looking and uses the same software as our CanadianGunnutz forum.

I do have Sig related question, how do people like the DAK trigger to the regular DA/SA?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.