Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals my names John I'm 23 years old. I came across this site while searching online whether or not to carry with one in the chamber. I've been raised around firearms most of my life and have received some training while serving in the military but I will be the first to say I'd like to have more training then what i have currently. I currently own a Ruger Sr9 9mm and a Smith and Wesson model 357 decocker chambered in .45. Anyways I'm going to get to the point I'm hoping to learn what i can about carrying either one while being condition 1. I personally have yet to decide if its just lack of needed training or the fear of an AD. Cant wait to read the responses and if more information is needed please feel free to ask. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow lol thanks guys i honestly didn't expect a response this quick i have a feeling i'll be hanging around here for a VERY long time

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome from the Richmond area.

Do a search on carrying with one in the chamber, you'll find a lot of threads on the subject.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Virginian...near Virginia Tech here...still lots of snow on the ground here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from the Richmond area.

Do a search on carrying with one in the chamber, you'll find a lot of threads on the subject.
thanks archer i've actually found some articles and have been reading them pretty much all day with every post i read my view changes but each time it does im learning more and more about that choice. i think overall my fear is having to draw said firearm and having an AD now im not saying i draw with my finger in the trigger well BUT there are such things as accidents. idk maybe im just better off walking around in a medieval armor suit and carrying a flail :rofl:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yeah to add bugdude i hear ya about the snow im not to far from tech maybe 2 hours i think.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I'm less than 30 minutes...the stuff is frozen hard as a rock. It just won't melt with weeks of temps from 8 to 25 degrees.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am so so sorry i just now caught this but i ment to say 457 not 357 lol my brains are like BLAH right now im surprised i caught it when i did

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Welcome from rural SE VA!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, John. North Louisiana here.

On your AD question - Most quality guns have internal safeties to prevent such a thing. Pick a model and research it. I have stuck with the Glock series because I never even have to think about it. Same with all striker fired pistols. Nothing makes me as nervous as the guy re-qualifying next to me with a cocked hammer and no idea what the decocker is for.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.