Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Tim and I live in Washington state. Please no flaming the name. (timmydogg) It's a nickname from my friends and in no way am I a gangster type person. I love guns and hope to learn from this site. So far I have acquired a H&R Pardner pump 12 gauge, H&R 922 pistol, and an old mauser that I can't identify. Soon to be purchasing a Hi-point 45 and 9mm compact. Going to shoot my buddy's 9mm this weekend and that should be the deal breaker there if all goes well. I would rather have one of everything than one $1000 firearm.

Anyone have any opinions on Hi-point pistols? I would like to hear from people who have owned them.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,622 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you can post a picture of the weapon you can't identify to the appropriate section of the forum, I'll bet someone will identify it for you.

·
Registered
419 Posts
timmydogg - Welcome; Mauser Good...!!

Eric Howland
Savannah, GA.

PS - I 2nd the motion that CopperKnight started just below this reply. (IMHO; please resist the temptation...; cheap guns are... cheap guns!) This I say regarding the Hi-Point. Do yourself a favor & save up for something more like A Sig CPO (Certified Pre Owned) or something else of a higher quality. Talk to James after you check out this website:
www.ordnanceoutsellers.com
or check out
www.gunsamerica.com
(This posted reply is only with the best of intensions..!)

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Welcome from another Washingtonian.

Having never fired a Hi-Point, I have no opinion on their function. Having seen them however, I found them to be...ummm...let's just say...not the prettiest gun on the block. But I try to to judge a book by it's cover.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome from Arizona - :smilez:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Timmy - welcome to CC from PA, the Keystone State :smilez:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
erh and CopperKnight - Thanks for the tips. Perhaps I'll save for a while for my first auto pistol. I have fired sigs and love them, just don't like the price tags. But such is life, anything worth buying is usually expensive.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome.
I've shot Hi-points, the factory is in my town. Yes, they are cheap, clunky, and heavy. The mags tend to be cheap. But I'll say this, they are like the ole Timex watch, they take abuse and have gone bang when I've pulled the trigger.

For about 100 bucks, why not? if there's a problem they stand behind the product 100% for life.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dpesec - Thanks for the advice. Everyone seams to have the same opinion. Ugly, inexpensive, goes bang everytime. Hmmm, perhaps it's worth a try. Sounds like it's not a good idea to have as a primary weapon, but could have some value in the glove box of the truck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.