Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use a G19 with a Supertuck for EDC. This is my only holster I own. I either want to get a OWB for my G19 or get a OWB or IWB holster for my Ruger GP100 (which I don't have any for).

So do you guys/gals think I should get a OWB for my Glock 19 or a holster for my Ruger GP100?

Also is the GP100 too heavy to carry and too big to conceal?

I am leaning toward Holsters that are mass produced such as Galco or Don Hume because they are in my price range of $40-70 shipped unless you all know of a high quality hand made holster in that range. I am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Kydex or leather?

Look at Comp-Tac's and cross breeds stuff (Kydex) and review K&D and little Bear's websites. (leather).

Those a great places to start......won't break the pocketbook and pretty quick turnarounds.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a Don Hume Open Top OWB holster I use every once in a while. It is an OK holster but isn't nearly as concealable as an IWB holster. If you think you will OWB carry a lot I would spend a little more and get something that really pulls the gun in tight to you. The Don Hume has a tendancy to flop out at the top (even with a double layer gun belt).

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Make sure you can return. You can listen to posters and look on the internet til you are blue in the face but it is only when you use it do you know if it is a keeper. If not and you cannot return---end of story---try again. If you can return you are not out the bucks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
bullard, Azel tx. Got it Christmas. Was told 4 weeks and right on the money. Great custom holster for under $60.00

·
Registered
434 Posts
I highly recommend a Kirkpatrick Leather, Texas Strong Side for OWB carry of your Glock 19. I have one for my Glock 22 and one for my M&P 40, great holster, about 8 week turnaround time and about $70 IIRC.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts