Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting everyone, need some guidance on an IWB holster for an HK P2000 SK. I would prefer a tuckable holster as well. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Welcome to CC :smilez:

Well - probably all our holster makers can help - so hang in there and with luck there will be some feedback.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Galco makes a great IWB and hi ride belt /pancake holster..especially for that little gun

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I would look up Brommeland, http://brommelandgunleather.com/ Gary shows that he makes them for HK's Full and Compact. I am sure he with satisfy your needs, Gary has great products.

Ti.

·
Registered
635 Posts
edavisjr said:
Greeting everyone, need some guidance on an IWB holster for an HK P2000 SK. I would prefer a tuckable holster as well. Any feedback is appreciated.
Good luck on finding one. They say the p2000 and p2000sk are interchangable but I can not confirm that. Galco does not even list one for a p2000sk last time I looked. I ordered a Cochise Defender from K&D but it has not come yet.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a 2000SK. Holsters are hard to find, but not impossible to find like they were 8 months ago when the gun was new! I would recommend KD Holsters or Milt Sparks. Either one is a few weeks wait, and both places make tuckable IWB models specifically for the SK. I have a Milt Spark watch-6 (like their Versa-Max but not tuckable and a bit thinner), and a KD Holsters OWB model. I have a KD IWB tuckable for another gun, it's a fantastic holster.

The SK will fit in P2000 holsters, but you'll have 3/4" or so of "dead space" beyond the end of the barrel. This may or may not be an issue depending on the holster design.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If the holster is well molded an SK will not perfectly fit a standard full-size 2000 holster. I cannot use a 2000 to make a 2000SK holster and just shorten it. The trigger-guard configuration is completely different. The full-size 2000 uses an HK USP-C trigger-guard, and will fit in some HK USP-C holsters if they will accomodate the extra width of the ambi-slide-release not found on the USP. The 2000 SK uses a full-size USP trigger-guard configuration which is longer and broader than the 2000/USP-C trigger guard. I think firearms manufacturers do this just to piss off holster-makers, so we can't use a full-size pistol to make a compact holster and just shorten the holster, and have to purchase a completely different mold gun. I don't know what's in it for them since they don't make or supply the mold guns we use; but I suspect they're sitting back and quietly laughing their asses off at us!
Anyway, I personally really like both versions of the pistol, and am making any of my holsters designs for both. Recently holsters for either version have been very popular and in demand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I was able to get Fist Inc. to do a holster for my P 2000 SK. I went with their secrect systems 2 in kydex.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you ever decide to go with a leather IWB the Versa Max II by Milt Sparks is great holster. You may have to wait, but you won't be disapointed...I just ordered one for my USPc .40.:banana:

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you are looking at milt sparks check out www.lightningarms.com

They may have what you want. $20 more but you won't have to endure th 18 month wait. Good luck...let us know how you make out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts