Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have some, but they're getting threadbare in all the wrong places! :redface: These will be for work, and Wally World is of no help with my size...:aargh4:

The Specifications:

1. Must be dress black. They will be going with a suit coat of the same color.

2. I LOVE "Mass Pocketry", but I can't LOOK like I have multiple pockets. Basically, if you wouldn't wear it to Church on Easter Morning, I can't wear them.

3. These will be the third generation of pants to go with this jacket in a year (which is rapidly approaching the "dire" status itself), so they need to be tough, but not "Dickies" duck canvas, or Rip-Stop.

4. They must be 38W/36I. Yes, I'm a little big. I have to wear XXL shirts just to have the sleeves reach my wrists. I roll what doesn't A LOT.:tired:

5. Price is an issue. I won't put down a limit, but there is only so much I can spend this month...

I am not at all opposed to "Stealth Tactical Pants" , in fact, that is precisely what I'm looking for. I remember that Dockers used to make something like that a while ago, and I will look, but surely someone here knows of another alternative.

If you know of a good suit coat source (I am cruising Amazon), that maybe has a "special trick" (?) up its sleeve, I'm all ears...

Thanks in advance for your help!:smoke23:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Anything wrong with black denim? Wranglers or Levis? I've found many pair of jeans shopping local thrift stores actually. They generally have quite a selection of dress pants and suits and jackets as well. Lots of their clothing seem to be in the larger or smaller sizes as well. Just an idea. Shopping at a non-profit organization is also good during the holiday season since that's when they need more support. Check your yellow pages.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ram Rod,

Unfortunately, I can't wear those things (jeans). I am Chief of Security at a 4-star hotel. I'd love to, but ain't gonna happen... I really need tough as nails, but nice looking trousers/slacks. Preferably with hidden "goodies" in them.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I know some people don't like LA Police gear, but I have had no problem with them. I have found that 5.11 makes a great pair of tactical dress pant and they are not extremely expensive. I'm sure that you can find these from other dealers.

I only mention LA because I have found and purchased several pair from them on sale. They look great, wear very well and are dressy enough to not appear as a tactical type pant.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sheffd,

Got a link? I'll google, but...

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I buy from LA Police Gear's "close out's" page all the time. The only problem I have had with them is sometimes the web site doesn't show when something on clearance is out of stock. Then when you place your order they hold the whole order until the OOS item is available. If you call the next day to verify availability this will be avoided.

+1 on anything 5.11. It is all high quality and tough as nails, I just wish it was American made. Their covert khakis would be perfect for your situation but I don't know if they are available in black.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
+1 for LA Police Gear. I only had one problem with the back order thing and they were most accomodating and made it right. I teach at a local school and most of my dress clothes are "business tactical" from LAPG.

If it helps, the Men's Warehouse is known for accomodating people with tactical needs. They all have a seamstress / tailor on staff that might be able to help you. All my suits are from their and whe I am fitted with a sidearm the never even blink. Many have found and posted the same thing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Cabela's -- Men's Casual Clothing

I shop for most of my clothes at Cabela's. The quality is great and the prices are extremely reasonable, especially via mail-order. They often have sales, where the prices are reduced even further, sometimes to give-away pricing.

Here's some Chino's on sale for $19.99 - Cabela's Huntsman Flat-Front Chinos

Check them out, I think you'll be happy.

-

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try 5.11 tactical and some of this product come in rip-stop material. The price varies considerably on line ( planet optics, cop plus, etc.)

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Also look at the Covert Khakis at LAPolice Gear. They look very nice, I wear them to work almost exclusively. They also have internal pockets for carrying mags, knives, etc...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all! I did check out the Covert 5.11's but they don't come in black.

The Operator Grade Pants look like a winner though! Great help, everyone!

By the way, MW Suits. So I could reasonable just go in with a gun and get fitted, no issue?

Sweet... Now if I can just save the money for such a thing!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Thanks to all! I did check out the Covert 5.11's but they don't come in black.

The Operator Grade Pants look like a winner though! Great help, everyone!

By the way, MW Suits. So I could reasonable just go in with a gun and get fitted, no issue?

Sweet... Now if I can just save the money for such a thing!
Yep, just ask them to hide it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If that's considered Big....I don't want to know what I am...44W/34I 6'2 260lbs :smile:

I would go with black denim if you can find some that is black enough....
I'm only a few pounds behind you! I'm pretty dense (just ask my wife...), but folks like us can hide all sorts of things!

The Coach Gun is going to find itself on me some day...:hand5:

See, it really is a Suit and Tie kind of job. Jeans (while a very practical solution) just won't fly. The boss is very strict on the Dress Code.

Still, some of the suggestions here so far are great options.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts