Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trying to help a guy Identify an old German rifle that he has inherited; has anyone ever heard of GEWEHRFABRIK DANZIG? I believe it's an old German armory, but cant find much info on it; other than they stopped producing in 1918 at the end of WW1. He is trying to get an idea of what it is worth; any info you guys can provide on it will be appreciated.

It says gewehrfabrik danzig in an old German font on the left side of the action. It has a small shield at the top the action marked mod. 2. The left side of barrel reads W.R. 22. L.G. 901 and the stock is walnut with hand checkered pistol grip and GERMANY stamped in the right side. He also mentions that this rifle doesn't look like it ever had an extractor/ejector.

Here is the only pic he has provided me with.........

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Can't tell you much about the rifle, but it was made in what is now the Polish city of Gdansk. Danzig was located in Prussia (Germany) prior to WWI. After 1918 it was administered by the League of Nations when portions of Germany were given to Poland. During WWII it again reverted to Germany and after the war permanently to Poland.
I'm surprised it has GERMANY stamped on it unless it was manufactured specifically for export. It might have considerable value, as arms stamped with Gothic script are rare.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Looks like a rusted up old piece of junk. Tell him I'll take it off his hands for, say $10. Heck I'll even pay for the shipping costs!

(Italics denote feeble attempt at humor)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts