Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help on choosing a nice neck knife! i was leaning towards the kabar or crkt bear claw. pictures pls if any.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
My favorite neck knife is the Masters of Defense Scorpion. It's very light and is extremely sharp. Don't ask me how I know.

MOD Scorpion

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am a huge fan of neck knives for utility carry only. The problem with neck carry from a personal defense standpoint, is that the knife can move very easily away from the point you would expect it to be. I think a mercharness would be a better choice if you are going to carry a knife for defense otherwise neck carry will suit you just fine. I have several neck knives I would suggest like the Bnchmade Instigator, Cold steel spike, and Emerson La griffe. I really like my Kabar Becker Necker for your average chores. And you really can't beat ESEE knives formerly known as Rat Cutlery. Pick up one of their Izulas you really won't regret that knife the warranty is one of the best on the market plus the knife is just down right amazing.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
The problem with neck carry from a personal defense standpoint, is that the knife can move very easily away from the point you would expect it to be.
ditto...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for your suggestions. yeah this is more on utility use and yes for looks...... lol. i don't really like knife fights/attacks. Unfortunately, I witnessed my dad survived a knife attack when i was young. he had a total of 24 cuts and stab wounds.
this is my main PD knife.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have both an Izula and 2 Becker Neckers. I carry the Izula everyday around my neck. I cant say anything negative about it. I love the Beckers too, but found that in my daily life I was knocking the knives out of the sheaths. So I carry them on my belt instead. +1 for either but I strongly reccomend the Izula.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thumper,
sorry i forgot to mention, a nice edc neck knife for under $100. i am on a recession right now...:embarassed:

·
Registered
225 Posts
thumper,
sorry i forgot to mention, a nice edc neck knife for under $100. i am on a recession right now...:embarassed:
Here's what I carry. Economical and handy. Let's be honest if I'm in a situation where I'm digging for my neck knife it's to get him away from me so that I can get my primary.
It is a Gerber Guardian Back Up that I've had for years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
I tried a fixed blade neck knife......it didn't work out.....I sliced up a good shirt drawing it.. In an emergency I''m afraid I might end up slicing my own chest as I draw it!...........so now I use a Kershaw leek held in a kydex holster. It's closed until after it clear my shirt & CHEST, before I open it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The CRKT is a little bulky for neck carry, IMO. Decent knife, but the scales are awfully thick. They're removable, so you could do some kind of cord wrap, and get something along the lines of my La Griffe.

Or, you could just get a La Griffe. They aren't all that much more expensive than the Bear Claw. You should be able to get one for around $60.00.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts