Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all I have a bit of a dilemma I have a trade this weekend but I'm on the fence about it. The firearm I have is a FDE Tavor with a TA31 Trijicon Acog that has a factory FDE cerakote finish to match the rifle. Also the Acog has the flash kill. I also have installed a geisselle super sabra trigger pack as well as the geisselle lightning bow. I have the FAB defense bipod in FDE also installed on the Tavor. And I have the gearhead FLEx swivel installed replacing the cheap gas plate with a steel gas plate. I have all original parts and boxes for everything mentioned. His trade will be a FN 5.7 mk2 black with box and the 3 20rd magazines as well as a black PS90 with original box and 14 boxes of ss197 as will as 3 boxes of I believe he said ss195 I feel like its a fair deal but at the same time I love the Tavor. I have owned a 5.7 before and I didn't care for it too much I ended up trading for a HK USP and also a S&W 629 for my 5.7 my question is which would you choose?? Keep the Tavor? Or make the trade and get a PS90 and a 5.7

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks that's kind of what I'm leaning towards I feel like I invested time and work already in the Tavor and I'm already familiar with it, but at the same time I have always wanted a ps90

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Personally, I'd keep the Tavor as it is much more useful. Ammo is more readily available and likely cheaper. The PS90 would be pretty cool and flat shooting but without the armor penetrating ammo it's distance capabilities would be limited. Its flat trajectory could be very useful to Law Enforcement types for head shots but nothing that couldn't be done with the 5.56 round.

JMO

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I'd keep the Tavor as it is much more useful. Ammo is more readily available and likely cheaper. The PS90 would be pretty cool and flat shooting but without the armor penetrating ammo it's distance capabilities would be limited. Its flat trajectory could be very useful to Law Enforcement types for head shots but nothing that couldn't be done with the 5.56 round.

JMO
Good point on the ammo but both the Tavor and the PS90 are mainly range toys for me I have other stuff for home defense and shtf scenarios. And as far as armor piercing I can get my hands on some I've had it before but you are right it is expensive getting the ap stuff

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Good point on the ammo but both the Tavor and the PS90 are mainly range toys for me I have other stuff for home defense and shtf scenarios. And as far as armor piercing I can get my hands on some I've had it before but you are right it is expensive getting the ap stuff
If it's just about fun, I would go with the FN duo myself. Twice the fun! I'm seriously considering getting the FN PS90 myself. I've never seen a review where the reviewer wasn't smiling like a madman afterward. They all say it's a blast to shoot.

I vote FN

PS - even if fun wasn't 100% of the call, I think I would go FN

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it's just about fun, I would go with the FN duo myself. Twice the fun! I'm seriously considering getting the FN PS90 myself. I've never seen a review where the reviewer wasn't smiling like a madman afterward. They all say it's a blast to shoot.

I vote FN

PS - even if fun wasn't 100% of the call, I think I would go FN
And so the battle begins.. again. Haha yeah too bad I can't just go buy both having a one year old and another baby on the way tends to take most of my money these days

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
And so the battle begins.. again. Haha yeah too bad I can't just go buy both having a one year old and another baby on the way tends to take most of my money these days
Brother, I feel you! Note - it just gets more and more expensive. Mine are 6 and 8. Get what you can now I say lol!!

BTW - good luck. It sucks when you have to choose.

PS - you'll have the kids shooting the FN's way sooner than the Tavor. So there is that :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
If it's just about fun, I would go with the FN duo myself. I vote FN.
I am with Drift on this. Trade for the FNs and then pick up a Tavor X95 with .300 Blackout conversion. :image035:

Reactions: drift

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brother, I feel you! Note - it just gets more and more expensive. Mine are 6 and 8. Get what you can now I say lol!!

BTW - good luck. It sucks when you have to choose.

PS - you'll have the kids shooting the FN's way sooner than the Tavor. So there is that :)
Wiser words have never been said! I have got to do some serious thinking thats for sure but I have until friday so I have a little time

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
I have one and only question ..What trigger pack is the ps90?

If its a gen 1 ..Me I would do it ..The trigger packs from the gen 1 alone are hitting 900-1k on GB ..They cant legally make or import them I dont think due to certain mixs up on what was done with them ..Not a bad thing that is sure though ....

If not a GEN1 eh not sure

I am a 5.7 fan ..But the MK2 guns are not that great imop esp for carry ...The MK1 yes I like them ...Esp if fixed sights ...Mk2 does not get me going

Looking at money here

1. MK2 5.7 around 900 bucks new so firg 850 or so used
2.Stock later gen trigger pack around 1.5k or so maybe less for the PS90
3.Stock first gen tavor base around 1.2 but you prob have near 1.5k in it def more with the scope which are what 500 or so

So on money side pretty fair deal ..

But despit being a 5.7 fan unless you gen 1 maybe 2 trigger pack I would not be all that big on it

I think most people should own a 5.7 esp for the ss190 rounds and tridant stuff ... But unless they manged to ban it the latter gens wont increse in vaule ..Olders yes def as they are getting rarer

Reactions: muzzleblast

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
I like the FN 5.7 (actually shot one once) But i would not trade a nice Bullpup like the Tavor for it (Just my $.02)

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Premium Member
8,410 Posts
Toss a coin?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have one and only question ..What trigger pack is the ps90?

If its a gen 1 ..Me I would do it ..The trigger packs from the gen 1 alone are hitting 900-1k on GB ..They cant legally make or import them I dont think due to certain mixs up on what was done with them ..Not a bad thing that is sure though ....

If not a GEN1 eh not sure

I am a 5.7 fan ..But the MK2 guns are not that great imop esp for carry ...The MK1 yes I like them ...Esp if fixed sights ...Mk2 does not get me going

Looking at money here

1. MK2 5.7 around 900 bucks new so firg 850 or so used
2.Stock later gen trigger pack around 1.5k or so maybe less for the PS90
3.Stock first gen tavor base around 1.2 but you prob have near 1.5k in it def more with the scope which are what 500 or so

So on money side pretty fair deal ..

But despit being a 5.7 fan unless you gen 1 maybe 2 trigger pack I would not be all that big on it

I think most people should own a 5.7 esp for the ss190 rounds and tridant stuff ... But unless they manged to ban it the latter gens wont increse in vaule ..Olders yes def as they are getting rarer
I did not ask I will find out today on the PS90 thanks for the info I don't know too much on the PS90 and I know what you mean the adjustable sights on the 5.7 were not my favorite I wish they were fixed.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the FN 5.7 (actually shot one once) But i would not trade a nice Bullpup like the Tavor for it (Just my $.02)
I was never really accurate with my 5.7 I had a mk2 but my grouping was all over and I always had to readjust my sights. It would mainly be just to add back to my collection or to use for another trade. Unless I happen to be really good with this one but I think it was me not the handgun. The PS90 is mainly what I'm after and intend to keep though.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Toss a coin?
Generally I would but I save that more for like naming kids or who I would marry. You know the stuff that doesn't matter... haha jk jk. But seriously I usually try and do as much research and get as much input as I can and if all else fails then I flip a coin.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts