Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hopelessly addicted, but perhaps I am safe for now. I went back to 1911's in a big way.

First was the RIA 10mm, which I traded away. Then came the Dan Wesson Vigil 9mm. Which is a very nice 1911.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Then came the Fusion Combat 10mm Commander.
Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Gun barrel

Then came the Wilson Combat EDC 10mm.
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
21,342 Posts
I can think of worse addictions😉

Good looking shooters!

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kinda like ice cream...the right answers are "Some" and "More"...you got 'em both right! Now you need a 10mm carbine to keep 'em company. Loading, can't you get close to .30 Carbine in power?
I thought about a 10mm carbine. Tried it a bit..... meh... The 10mm in a carbine can get close to a 44 mag in a pistol. The 44 mag in a carbine outclasses to 10mm handily.

·
Registered
44,729 Posts
Meh. But you'd expect no less.

Reactions: OD* and Bad Bob

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Have never been into 1911's that much. Have owned two, one Kimber and one Springfield Armory and they are fine pieces. It's just that my preferences tend to go in a different direction. Speaking of which...

A few weeks ago, I picked up a new little friend. It's a Glock 45. No not the 21, the 30, the 36, or the 41 (and their related series). It's a 45... as in 9mm. Yep the model 45 is the civilian version (preference) of the Glock 19X. Mine came with the Glock night sights, which didn't work well for me so I replaced them with a set of Trijicon GL01's I had laying around in my Glock parts box. This is a keeper and a very good shooter. I find I like the grip on this gun without the finger grooves. Basically it's a 19 slide on a 17 frame and it just works with excellent balance and feel. Try one out.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Nice. Wilson Combat makes fine pistols. Too rich for me but glad someone is enjoying them.

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have never been into 1911's that much. Have owned two, one Kimber and one Springfield Armory and they are fine pieces. It's just that my preferences tend to go in a different direction. Speaking of which...

A few weeks ago, I picked up a new little friend. It's a Glock 45. No not the 21, the 30, the 36, or the 41 (and their related series). It's a 45... as in 9mm. Yep the model 45 is the civilian version (preference) of the Glock 19X. Mine came with the Glock night sights, which didn't work well for me so I replaced them with a set of Trijicon GL01's I had laying around in my Glock parts box. This is a keeper and a very good shooter. I find I like the grip on this gun without the finger grooves. Basically it's a 19 slide on a 17 frame and it just works with excellent balance and feel. Try one out.
I had one.

·
Premium Member
9,342 Posts
You need a .45 ACP.

You got the 9mm, you got the 10mm. That's very European of you.

Do you drink espresso, too, with your pinky extended when you sip from the little cup??

Dammit, man, get a 1911 in .45 ACP and drink your coffee from a mug!!!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

I DO like my G45. The GNS work for me, that's a preference thing, though. I got the 45 because I have a 19X and really like it. I got it with the intention of carrying it, and I did, briefly. 17+1, arguably the best trigger of any Glock, ease of carry and concealability - what's not to like? Even after I stopped carrying it on a daily basis, it was still with me when I would be out and about on the farm. That is, till I got my EAA Windicator.

Then I got my Dan Wesson Vigil Commander in .45 ACP. It's been with me pretty much without fail since then. There was a period of about a week and a half where I didn't carry it, and that was after it tweaked my wrist at the range when I was doing some one hand drills. But by then I had the Vigil commander in 9mm, so I carried it for that time. I like my Glocks, but I'm more accurate with the DW's, enough so that I'm not worried about the difference in capacity. At some point, I'll probably switch over to the Vigil 9mm.

Enjoy the G45!

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You need a .45 ACP.

You got the 9mm, you got the 10mm. That's very European of you.

Do you drink espresso, too, with your pinky extended when you sip from the little cup??

Dammit, man, get a 1911 in .45 ACP and drink your coffee from a mug!!!!
10mm is the best mm.

·
Super Moderator
20,167 Posts

This is strictly tongue in cheek, but I'm sure the Glock marketing guys were doing high fives and bro hugs when they released a plastic gun in 9mm with a "45" in the model number. Saint John is gonna get those guys...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts