Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my question is this. I have a G19 that I intend on concealment as soon as my Supertuck Deluxe arrives. I currently have no gun belt, and would love to hear opinions on the best gun belt for my type of carry. I will be carrying 4:30 on strong right side, mags on left at 7:30. Thanks in advance for everyones contribution.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Any rigid leather belt should work. You want to make sure you order a belt bigger than your pant size to accommodate for the fun you are about to shove in there. I use a polymer reinforced nylon belt from 5.11 tactical. Of course, leather isn't really my thing.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Look up Curt with FatBoy Belts. He's in Monroe. Looks like you're not far from him. I've got 2 of them and love them. I know Curt as well and he's a good guy to deal with. Here is his Etsy page.

Fat Boy Belt by TwoFoolsLeatherGoods on Etsy

This belt will probably outlive me.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Any good belt will work. I have two purpose made gun belts from BullhideBelts.com.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about stiffener. Is that gonna be overkill for a pretty light pistol/mags rigs?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and what is stiffening agent??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also like the ranger belt from... I forget, but its got many color options. Oh and a pretty cool buckle. Not sure about the buckle tho. Not sure how to lace it thru some of my tighter jeans??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look up Curt with FatBoy Belts. He's in Monroe. Looks like you're not far from him. I've got 2 of them and love them. I know Curt as well and he's a good guy to deal with. Here is his Etsy page.

Fat Boy Belt by TwoFoolsLeatherGoods on Etsy

This belt will probably outlive me.

That looks like a really tuff belt. Not sure if I like the front end on it tho. It would ideally be black leather with silver/nickle accents or synthetic materials.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
thebeltman.net

Best belt I have ever owned. They have lots of options, but also have quick ship belts so you do not have to wait for one to be made. I wear it with any outfit and it looks niec enough to be semi formal, and casual enough for everyday use. First thing I thought of when I opened the box it was in was "man I am glad my dad didn't have one of these when I was a kid"

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also the stippling on your gun. Did you do this/ process? I assume a torch and nail, and vise grips?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I completly agree with that statement. My ass would for sure been grass :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
AG Gunleather. The end.
Well crap, I've been doing it wrong. I've never even heard of AG Gunleather but I didn't know they were the end all be all.

I also like the ranger belt from... I forget, but its got many color options. Oh and a pretty cool buckle. Not sure about the buckle tho. Not sure how to lace it thru some of my tighter jeans??
Ares Gear makes them. The buckle isn't about being cool. The buckle itself doesn't lace through your loops anyways....it's hard to explain but easy once you have it in hand. It is awesome because you cinch it to the perfect size in the morning and then every time you undo your belt you be back to perfect size with a simple click instead of tugging on a regular friction riggers belt or hitting between hole sizes on regular belts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well crap, I've been doing it wrong. I've never even heard of AG Gunleather but I didn't know they were the end all be all.

Ares Gear makes them. The buckle isn't about being cool. The buckle itself doesn't lace through your loops anyways....it's hard to explain but easy once you have it in hand. It is awesome because you cinch it to the perfect size in the morning and then every time you undo your belt you be back to perfect size with a simple click instead of tugging on a regular friction riggers belt or hitting between hole sizes on regular belts.
I understand the latching of the buckle . Please explain the lacing in the am.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry how does it work with daily carry

·
Registered
632 Posts
I understand the latching of the buckle . Please explain the lacing in the am.
You basically keep the 2 parts of the buckle hooked together and just weave the webbing through your belt loops. The buckle doesn't even need to fit through your belt loops. Once the webbing is all the way around you run the adjustment strip through the female side of the buckle and cinch it down. At that point the waist size is set and all you have to do is unbuckle it.

I'm sorry that isn't real clear. I'll try to get some pictures in the next day or two. In the meantime, I found this video review....

Ares Gear Enhanced Ranger Belt - YouTube

The last couple of minutes cover the donning process. Only difference in how he describes it and how I do it is that I clip the female part to the male part when I completely take it off so I don't misplace it. Then all you have to do is thread the webbing through and run the adjustment strap through the female end and tighten it down. It's super easy and you don't even notice it once you get used to it. Been using a Ranger belt for over 2 years EDC and I still love it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool , I was checking out some reviews and it looks like its gonna be about 4 weeks on a black on black ares ranger.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
That looks like a really tuff belt. Not sure if I like the front end on it tho. It would ideally be black leather with silver/nickle accents or synthetic materials.
My daily belt is black. I took the pic of the brown one because I don't want to take the black one off. lol You could call and see if he does any with buckles. The one pictured is his signature belt though. I carry a G19 both IWB and OWB with it, and I can assure you that a stiffener is unnecessary. This belt is about 14-15 oz leather. I don't see myself needing another belt for a long time, if ever. The buckle takes a bit to get used to, but I really like it now. I like interesting and different stuff, so this fits.

Also the stippling on your gun. Did you do this/ process? I assume a torch and nail, and vise grips?
Yeah, I did it. Good eye. I used an adjustable head soldering iron with the smallest tip that came with it. It's pretty simple to do. I would suggest drawing out the area you want to stipple in pencil and don't go as high on the grip as I did. I had to sand it down because it rubbed too much IWB. I also used the wide tip to level out the factory grip so I started off with more of a level surface to work on.

Reactions: MadGunner420

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I always enjoy when someone takes out on their own to do what they want. Good job! That seems alot easier than my idea of a torch, nail, and vise grips.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I carry a G 19 in an OWB from HolsterPro. I just ordered a belt and holster from ClevelandsHolsters https://clevelandsholsters.com I chose Cleveland's because ALL of the parts they use in their holsters and belts are manufactured in America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts