Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is intended for any Defensive carry members in the state of Idaho.

I’m a lifelong Texan, who has been looking at your state to retire to, and spend the rest of my days there. I see my state being overrun by the Liberal Idiot. Maybe not now, but the next 20 years, I don’t know. Austin is already turning into San Francisco. San Antonio, my hometown is not far behind.

So tell me about Idaho. I don’t know anyone there, so this would be a complete life change for me, wiping the slate clean and starting over from scratch. I am a competitor in USPSA/IDPA I’d love to connect with some of the folks into that.

Anyhow, don’t mean to ramble, but I’d love to hear from some folks there......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'm in Oregon but I hear Idaho has begun the process of being over run also. South Dakota is now at the top of my list.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Idaho I know for a fact is being over run by Bloomberg money and counties and mayors are being bought along with house seats. I have very deep roots there but it is losing the status of a free state, it pains me and my son and we feel that it will turn blue within 6yrs and maybe sooner with what is happening now as for my contacts who are being forced out by groups who started there move a little over 4yrs ago.

·
Registered
33,875 Posts
The northern end of ID is a brighter red. Those liberal transplants love their big cities.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I lived in far north Idaho for 25 years, raised my kids there and I loved it but, no way I would ever go back. Crowded with angry transplants who are in the same hurry to crap their own bed as where they came from. It reminds me of southern California when I left there in 1979.

I moved to Montana, even worse, as it is the "new" Colorado and it is bluer by the day.

We landed in Wyoming which looks to be one of the last strongholds of common sense and decency in my view.
I feel like the Mormons of the 1800's who went to the most desolate places looking to escape persecution.

The trouble is mainly blue staters who think they are conservatives until they relocate and find out they are just more moderate liberals and the real conservatives scare the heck out of them and they start voting for all the same crap that left their last place uninhabitable. Its a faster spread than COVID 19.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok folks, so Idaho is going the way of the rest of the USA, if you left Idaho where did you end up and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Seems like every state is in danger.
Big city areas the worst.
I think that moving is not the answer as where ever you move to it will be the same as where you left in short order.
I plan to stay, dig in my boots and fight it off.
The best alternative for me is as soon as the wife can retire, moving out to the country as far as possible.
Better choice is to move away from the metropolitan area

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
According to the World Population Review, the most conservative states in 2020 are:
1. Mississippi
2. Wyoming
3. Alabama
4. West Virginia
5. South Dakota
6. Tennessee
7. Oklahoma
8. Louisiana
9. Utah
10. South Carolina

According to TSI, a moving and shipping website, the top ten states that Californians have moved to are as follows. While a few of these states may still be pretty conservative, that does not bode well for them in the future.
1. Idaho
2. North Carolina
3. New York
4. Colorado
5. Florida
6. Nevada
7. Oregon
8. Washington
9. Arizona
10. Texas

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
According to the World Population Review, the most conservative states in 2020 are:
1. Mississippi
2. Wyoming
3. Alabama
4. West Virginia
5. South Dakota
6. Tennessee
7. Oklahoma
8. Louisiana
9. Utah
10. South Carolina

According to TSI, a moving and shipping website, the top ten states that Californians have moved to are as follows. While a few of these states may still be pretty conservative, that does not bode well for them in the future.
1. Idaho
2. North Carolina
3. New York
4. Colorado
5. Florida
6. Nevada
7. Oregon
8. Washington
9. Arizona
10. Texas
You see where Wyoming is on the top list and where it isn't on the bottom list? Nuf said.

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
The largest city in ID is smaller than San Antonio. Id is still a free state But its Conservative population needs to learn to vote.Fewer than 15% actually cast a ballot.
I would like to live there, I like the people I have met, There is plenty to do there But It is too flippin cold! That's what keeps me out of Wyo, also! I like the empty Leave Me Alone areas, But I also need to live closer to a major hospital. The major hospitals are in Spokane,Portland, or Salt lake city, Note none of those are in ID.
I'm looking at northern AZ, and NV. They still have some issues but are much more Freedom focused that where I'm at in CA. I would not mind Utah, except I have family there that I would not want to live too close to.

Where ever you land, Vote, and encourage those that want that same lifestyle to vote also. One thing all good Libs do is Vote , and Vote often! DR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts