Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help picking a good pocket lift for EDC. Of course small for pocket and easy of carry but like to have clip or able to buy a clip aftermarket, bizel for stricking, like strobe but I know that make cost go up. Hoping to spend $100 since $ is tigt and if have $280 for a light I'll get a new gun lol. Thinking about surefire ED2. But any help is appreciate and if you can include links for prices and pics

·
Registered
669 Posts
I've been carrying a Nitecore EX10 for several months now and I love it. It's super bright on the highest, but perfect night light at lowest. I also purchased a pocket clip to attach and I use it occasionally, but lately I just stick it in my pocket and it melts away. I believe I payed ballpark $70 for the light, pocket clip, & some extra batteries from 4sevens.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got a Fenix LD20 and like it a lot. A big plus is that it uses AA batteries. The LD20 uses two AAs, so it's a little long, but I think you'd like the LD10 which runs on one AA battery.

Fenix LD10

Good luck in your search...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Fenix LD01. I have two and think they're a heck of a mini light especially considering the price you can get them for.

Edit: Sorry typed that from my phone earlier and had the wrong #.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I've been carrying a Nitecore EX10 for several months now and I love it.
:hand10:
I've got the D10 (essentially the same light as the EX, just a little bigger and uses AA's), I haven't carried it much though (no particular reason) and it's a great light.

I got it off of E-bay (had a gift cert, otherwise would have ordered from 4-7's)

I'm considering getting another larger nitecore to use as a house/nightstand light.....
I'm also thinking about checking out one of the new "Quark" series 4-7's is selling

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
There are several companies out there making very nice lights for cheaper...but in my opinion...Surefire just gets it right more often. They are a little more expensive..but affordable if you look. My first light was a Surefire E2e. I now have given it to my Fiancee for her purse. I EDC a Surefire E1L. The E2D is an excellent choice.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
I carry a Streamlight micro stream daily for work and it is a nice small (yet bright ) light. It only uses 1 AAA battery too. A search for lights should give you all sorts of ideas too.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I second the Fenix. I carry a PD20 everyday. They are GREAT lights. Strike bezels, strobe, multiple light modes. I highly suggest looking for one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have three I have tried, and they are all good. I have a Surefire G2 nitrolon, A small one made by spyderco - Sold at Meiger, then one more sold at target,black rubber cover on the body. The name escapes me currently. All three have the push button on the back, but the Spyderco is either continually on or off. That one is shorter and has an aluminum body.
Although more expensive, I do like the CR 123 lithium batteries for these three flashlights. The lumens are incredibly bright, much better than just AA batteries. My Surefire was $32, and both of the other lights were under $20. Great bargains for a bright tactical light.
Ohio Rusty ><>

·
Registered
20 Posts
Look at Lighthound.com for the Novatac 85T light. Last I saw it was on sale for $75, has all the modes you could ever want, and the secret is, you CAN program it (yes, all the Novatacs are programmable, you just have to do the 250-click hack on the non-P models).

I love my 85T.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help I ordered the Fenix LD10 on Saturday thru the link pasted above and only $2 shipping! Can wait till it gets here

1 - 14 of 14 Posts