Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd appreciate your help valuing these two guns:

1. S&W model 60-3 .38 special 2" revolver. Wood grips, 5 shot wheel gun. It's used but in excellent condition. Stainless steel body.

2. Glock gen 2 model 22 .40 caliber. Has two 10 round mags. No rust anywhere but the finish seems to be more dull than my gen 3 model 23. Also, this model 22 has the Safari Club International logo on the slide...not sure if that makes it worth more, or less lol.

Both guns were guns I inherited and I'm looking to sell or trade. If anyone knew one or both of those numbers it would be great. I have researched Gunbroker and Armslist and can't find the S&W model and the few Gen 2 model 22s I could find are priced all over the map. I'd like to know if I'm being offered a fair trade in amount, or I'd like to sell for the appropriate $ to a private buyer.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,199 Posts
About a year ago I paid $300 for a very nice Model 60.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...in the current market...the blued Model 36 in 85% shape is selling here for $450-$500...pre-lock...I'd value the Model 60 at $500-550 if in excellent shape and pre-lock...other parts of the country may be higher...supply/demand/current scarcity of good defense weapons have driven prices up...can't help you on the G22...

...gotta beg you to keep the M60...it'll serve generations well...hard to find one lately...

·
Premium Member
8,560 Posts
Trex33, check your PM's. Incoming in about 5.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Dont know about the smith, but the IMO, based on local market to me, I would say the glock would be around $300 - $350. I dont pay attention to to the grossly inflated market btw

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Administrator
144,214 Posts
Remember that with regard to used firearms the actual dollar value is usually determined in the 5% preceding 100% New/Pristine/Unfired.

And what is considered to be "Excellent" condition to the seller is almost never the same "Excellent" condition to the buyer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remember that with regard to used firearms the actual dollar value is usually determined in the 5% preceding 100% New/Pristine/Unfired.

And what is considered to be "Excellent" condition to the seller is almost never the same "Excellent" condition to the buyer.
Great point, thank you for that point. I may take them to a few places to get either offers to buy/trade to get an idea.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Lol! Ok, let me clarify. The gun was my dad's, who was a serious collector of guns. He owned many guns that he bought, took to the range once, and then they sat in his gun safe. This gun has been to the range more than once, but it's spent the majority of its time in a safe. As another poster pointed out my "excellent" condition may not be truly "excellent" condition in the market.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Unless you are really hurting for the money I would not sell either of those for a truck load of money.

Well, okay, a toy truck load maybe. A 10 ton dump full of money would speak to me. But I'd seriously consider keeping them.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
You should do what I did: buy a copy of " Blue book of Gun Values." It will tell you all you need to know about the value of guns from "A" to "Z." :image035:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Keep the 60 (probably worth around 450-500), sell the glock (300-400). Just my opinion on what to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts