Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help to try and get some kind of a reasonable value of my Colt AR-15 A2 HBar Sporter I don't have the box for it but still have the manual that came with it. It has a few minor marks on it but is in overall pretty good condition. It has been used and enjoyed but not an excessive amount of rounds put thru it. Last 10 years it has been basically sitting in the safe. I may decide to sell it if it has a decent value, if not will just keep it. Have looked on-line but really can't put my finger on a fair price. Best I can tell it was manufactured about '84-85. The manual has a date of 1985 on it. The serial # is a 6 digit# Starting with SP 23. Any help, advice, opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20160724_122826978.jpg IMG_20160724_122657210.jpg IMG_20160724_122859030.jpg

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Nice looking rifle, are you sure you want to part with it? AR prices are all over the map here with no rhyme or reason. I have seen 6920's go for ~$850 and Frankenguns for $1200:confused: Have you looked on Gunbroker at completed sales? I would keep it, just my .02 worth!

Reactions: Bandit99

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know,,,I am torn,,keep it or sell it. I think, i say "think" i can get about $1200 for it. When I take it out of the safe and hold it, I don't want to sell it :smile:

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Don't sell, especially right now!

It's not like the thing will lose value. Selling when AR prices are at their all time low is a bad idea unless you absolutely need the money for something important right now.

You can hold onto it and sell later if you still feel like it and make a lot more money.

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Dont sell it

Them go for a lot I say 1.4k easy

The good years of Colt pre ban and true pre ban they starting taking the lugs off of pre ban guns and going all PC in the 90s

They are good guns unless you need the cash keep it

Right now the market is flat on AR rifles esp with one of the last markets MA in such a crap show

Wait till NOV

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wait until after the election in November. If the wrong candidate gets elected your Colt's value will be much higher. Personally........unless I was in a big bind for $$ I would keep that baby.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fortunately I don't need the cash. I took it outside this morning and put about 20 rounds thru it, just to remind me how much fun it was to shoot. It has been cleaned, wiped down and back in it's familiar place in the safe. There it shall stay. :smile: Thanks for all your great advice guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts