Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some time now I've been looking for moon clips for my S&W 686 6 shot revolver. I have speed loaders, but would really rather have moon clips.

I've Googled them, and searched many sites, but can't seem to find them for .38/.357?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You would have to have the cylinder machined to accept them by a gunsmith. This is not a common request, but it can be done.
Trust me, moon clips are the right hand of satan.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Glad that I could help.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Perfect, this is exactly what I'm looking for.
??? According to their "specs", you will need to have your 686 "machined to accept." Plus note disclaimer on ammo.

"686x6 fits 6-shot, .38 Spl./.357 Mag. cylinders in S&W model 686 that have been converted to accept Full Moonclips. Clips are available in 10-paks only. TK Moonclips are designed for use with specific brands of brass. See SPECS: below before ordering. "

I have a friend, that did this a few years ago ( he competes in "rev, IDPA) it was expensive, & since, he has sent his 686 back to S&W & had them install a "standard" Cylinder"

Just my 2 cents

Puffer

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Puffer, I was just at the site reading that stuff. ..022 is pretty thick.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Puffer, I was just at the site reading that stuff. ..022 is pretty thick.
.022 is about 1/2 the thickness of a cd

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wonder if you can have the clips machined down so that they fit flush, I dont know how much room there is there?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I've found some, I guess now I'll be needing some advice from people who have used them in a 686 6 rounder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts