Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my church members and Facebook friends asked in general how to accquire a West Virginia concealed carry permit a week or so ago. I told her via e-mail to contact me about the details.

I had to be back at Church this past Sunday for a meeting and brought her the application. I saw her and her boyfriend as I was coming in the basement and told her I had the information. Needless to say she was well pleased. She has been a gun owner for many years but is now thinking of getting the permit.

I told her that several members of our church including my wife have our permits, she seemed to be a bit surprised. Her boyfriend is cool, he's a nice guy and we talked about Open Carry (which is legal in WV and he did not know that) plus other legislation etc.

I am hoping she follows through with the permit process. I'm feeling good.

·
Registered
41,238 Posts
With each new application, the chain of self-defense and 2A support grows stronger.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
With each new application, the chain of self-defense and 2A support grows stronger.
It is either our "chain" or their chain, but the choice is yours.

·
Registered
292 Posts
We all need to be promoting our cause this way. Thanks for your involvement!
Precisely why I don't follow the C. A. N. T. principle. I want to be an example of responsible carry. Even if I don't influence others to actively pursue carry for themselves I am hopefully a good model of responsible "not all gun carriers are evil" to the voting public. I've had a few tell me they wouldn't carry but they still contact their reps to have them vote yes for pro-carry bills and against anti-legislation.

Posted from the outer reaches of the universe via my Star Fleet communicator! Live long & prosper.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Unless we as a community are willing to promote carrying, either open or concealed, the curious usually won't go past the wondering stage. Good job JoJo.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good job! :smile: I've done this several times.

I'm really heartened at the numbers of women who are getting interested in concealed carry in recent months. This is key -- not just for a safer society, but for preserving our Second Amendment rights. Women can be very vocal in letting their elected representatives know where they stand!

I'm always happy to discuss general concealed carry issues, guns, and 2A issues with acquaintances who take a positive interest, even though I don't usually disclose my personal carry habits.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Nice work! I'll bet there will be two of them carrying soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts