Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was there a month ago and asked my dad if he could carry there. I had assumed not since he was not carrying and when I asked...he told me no carry at the zoo.

I do not recall if it is posted at the entrance.

FYI, here are a list of Safety Free Zones in NE

-Police, sheriff, or Nebraska State Patrol station or office;
-detention facility, prison, or jail;
-courtroom or building which contains a courtroom;
-polling place during a bona fide election;
-meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or other political subdivision;
-meeting of the Legislature or a committee of the Legislature;
-financial institution;
-professional or semiprofessional athletic event;
-building, grounds, vehicle, or sponsored activity or athletic event of any public, private, denominational, or parochial school or private or public university, college, or community college;
-place of worship;
-hospital, emergency room, or trauma center;
-political rally or fundraiser;
-establishment having a license issued under the Nebraska Liquor Control Act that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of alcoholic liquor;
-place where the possession or carrying of a firearm is prohibited by state or federal law;
-a place or premises where the person, persons, entity, or entities in control of the property or employer in control of the property has prohibited permitholders from carrying concealed handguns into or onto the place or premises;
-or into or onto any other place or premises where handguns are prohibited by law or rule or regulation.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was there a month ago and asked my dad if he could carry there. I had assumed not since he was not carrying and when I asked...he told me no carry at the zoo.
I don't see anything in the list that prohibits carry at the zoo. It would seem that signs have force of law. The question then becomes two-fold. First, is it posted? Second, are they unable to legally post it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just got off the phone with them.

It is posted that it is not allowed when entering the zoo. I do not know what 'force' the signs have in NE. If they are 'ask you to leave if found out' or if charges are filed if found out.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It is posted that it is not allowed when entering the zoo. I do not know what 'force' the signs have in NE. If they are 'ask you to leave if found out' or if charges are filed if found out.
I genuinly appreciate you taking the extra step to find out. However, I had their phone number. I posted here rather than calling because I wanted to avoid calling them. If they weren't posted, I wouldn't want to start them thinking about it. It's never a good idea to ask.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks to me like signs have force of law in NE is that correct?

Is there a stated penalty for carrying in an off-limits place (beside a school)?

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Ryan, welcome to DC.

Please note you're responding to a 5 year old thread, the OP has probably already been to the zoo. And what a great zoo it is. Love the Lied Jungle in the winter time.

As a note, there's a great resource for posted businesses in NE at: UnFriendly Business List | Nebraska Firearms Owners Association

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Here in the South, it's intended to protect endangered species from being served deep-fried w/gravy! Spotted Owl tastes a lot like...Bald Eagle.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
yes it is posted and signs are enforced by law

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Nothing here has force of law even if posted but I don't carry at theme parks or the zoo. Not worth it especially if your on a coaster can you imagine someone work a cheap holster and that baby comes flying out at the top of a loop lol

·
Registered
579 Posts
yes it is posted and signs are enforced by law
Agreed. The signs are at both entrances. You can miss them if a ton of people are out there wandering around, but they're big signs. And yes, by law, packing your gun past the sign in Nebraska is enough to get you tossed in the hole.

·
Registered
667 Posts
It looks to me like signs have force of law in NE is that correct?

Is there a stated penalty for carrying in an off-limits place (beside a school)?
Yep. It's a chargeable offense; a misdemeanor.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Omaha has a Zoo, or is one? :danceban:

Reactions: NECCdude

·
Registered
3,132 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts

They do have force of law.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts