Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone in the Madison Wisconsin area tell me if the Henry Vilas Zoo is a "Gun Free Zone?"

I was considering taking my grand-kids, but only if I can keep them safe and be allowed to CC.

No CC... no going to that zoo.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Just me, but I would not let it being a gun free zone, keep my grandkids from going to the zoo.

Reactions: StevePVB

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
What if a tiger gets loose!

Were I you....I would take the kids to that Zoo and just lock your firearm up in your vehicle for a little while if need be.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Has been almost five years since I was there. I carried and didn't see any signs.
That's a long time and things change.

Just checked their website. Nothing in the rules about firearms. Could still be posted though.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
2012 info: Armed Badger ? View topic - Madison zoo? zoo not posted, but buildings are (were?)

Looks like Madison and Dane County put a blanket prohibition on ALL public buildings (bus stops????) and I don't see any changes. Wankers!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Just me, but I would not let it being a gun free zone, keep my grandkids from going to the zoo.
I've noticed many places with "no weapons" signs but they lack metal detectors. Just an observation, fleeting thought. Always follow the law.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I've noticed many places with "no weapons" signs but they lack metal detectors. Just an observation, fleeting thought. Always follow the law.
I was not suggesting that he carry anyway...I was saying that I would go even if I could not have my gun.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I was not suggesting that he carry anyway...I was saying that I would go even if I could not have my gun.
No. I did not take it that you were, just sparked a thought in my head.

I've taken my boys to Universal 3 or 4 times prior to the installation of metal detectors; hypothetically, I could have carried - hypothetically.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Do the restrictive signs have any "teeth" (Force of Law), beyond a request to disarm-or-depart-the-premises, in Wisconsin? Here in The Commonwealth, there's no FOL associated with that signage. No teeth & no metal detectors means I'm (in admittedly deep) concealment. ALLways. :wink:

Reactions: CDW4ME
1 - 10 of 10 Posts