Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33,919 Posts
I never had an issue with the tube magazine, seeing the stated complaints as more of a perceived issue than a real issue, but I can see where having the gate will appeal to a larger market. My .22 is a tube magazine and I never gave it a second thought.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I never had an issue with the tube magazine, seeing the stated complaints as more of a perceived issue than a real issue, but I can see where having the gate will appeal to a larger market. My .22 is a tube magazine and I never gave it a second thought.

I never saw tube loading as an issue. I just think side gates are much easier to load through.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
The gate loading is better when you are about to be overrun by natives. What I don’t like is the 20” barrel. That makes it a NO for me.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The gate loading is better when you are about to be overrun by natives. What I don’t like is the 20” barrel. That makes it a NO for me.
These are just the first models to be released. The article stated that the rest will follow. I like their carbine length with large loop lever myself. I also like the 22lr with 24" barrel. And the Evil Roy carbine 22lr. Plus the single shot. Heck, I have a mental list of Henry's that I want that is way too many.

Personally I do not care about the loading gate other than it looks cool.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Yes, I read that and will wait. Tube loading is not a deal breaker. I would have bought one of the all weather stainless, but I want a 16”. My son has a Big Boy 44, it’s nice but the 20” barrel detracts from the handiness.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, I read that and will wait. Tube loading is not a deal breaker. I would have bought one of the all weather stainless, but I want a 16”. My son has a Big Boy 44, it’s nice but the 20” barrel detracts from the handiness.
If they make an all weather stainless in 45-70 I'd be all over it. Other brands have Alaskan guide guns but Henry's action has always been so smooth. Ever since taking a friends 22 mag Henry golden boy I've wanted one but the tube feed was a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

I agree with this honestly, no gate shouldn't be a deal breaker on a quality firearm in the caliber you want.
Disclaimer: my Henry is a .22 so no real experience to speak of in those calibers.

·
Registered
33,919 Posts
Last time I was overrun by natives, it was a tribe of preschoolers. Things got ugly.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
On a recreational only type rifle the tube is ok, but if anyone has any ideations of fighting with s lever gun, the loading gate on the receiver is much more desirable.

This is enough to make me consider the Henry.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
If they make an all weather stainless in 45-70 I'd be all over it. Other brands have Alaskan guide guns but Henry's action has always been so smooth. Ever since taking a friends 22 mag Henry golden boy I've wanted one but the tube feed was a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
They do make the all weather in45-70 with an 18” barrel. My shoulder hurts just thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts